"TrackIR Pro V5" + "TrackClip Pro" bug with FSX with "a

Skulleader

"TrackIR Pro V5" + "TrackClip Pro" bug with FSX with "a

Post by Skulleader »

Hello,

I possess the "TrackIR Pro V5" + "TrackClip Pro" that I use with Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

When I launch my TrackIR Pro V5 + FSX "non-administrator mode" all is OK, my HOTAS X-52 Saitek work fine.

But When I launch my TrackIR Pro V5 with "administrator mode" some buttoms of my HOTAS X-52 Saitek don't Work.

If I stop my TrackIR Pro V5 my HOTAS X-52 work fine with FSX...

After many tests I must launch my FSX with "non-administrator mode" and idem for my TrackIR Pro V5 and in this configuration all is OK.

For resume:
FSX with "non-administrator mode" or "administrator mode" work fine.
HOTAS X-52 Saitek with "non-administrator mode" or "administrator mode" work fine.
"TrackIR Pro V5" + "TrackClip Pro" with "non-administrator mode" my HOTAS work fine.
"TrackIR Pro V5" + "TrackClip Pro" with "administrator mode" my HOTAS bug.

For my HOTAS X-52 I use the last drivers from Saitek.
For my "TrackIR Pro V5" + "TrackClip Pro" I use the drivers 5.1.3 Final version.

Please can you help me because I must used my FSX and my TrackIR with "non-administrator mode"

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English and I hope that my explanations are clean..

A great thank's in advance for all, Skulleader aka Olivier.

Here my PC settings:
Intel Core I7-2600K OC @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
16 Go de G.Skill Sniper 8 Go (2x4Go) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9
Asus Matrix GTX 580 P/2DIS/1536MD5
2 VelociRaptor 600 Go 3.5" SATA 6GB/s
1 Caviar Black 1 To SATA 6GB/s
Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium
Corsair Professional Serie Gold AX1200
Corsair Hydro Serie H80
Windows 7 SP3 64 bits
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: "TrackIR Pro V5" + "TrackClip Pro" bug with FSX with "a

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Let's try some installation troubleshooting:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.

Mike
Skulleader

Post by Skulleader »

Hello dear Mike,

In first I'm very sorry for the delay of my answer, I have followed all your explanations but I meet the same problem.
Maybe for the next time when I must will install my FSX as "administrator mode", no ?

In fact when I bought my new computer I've installed all my softwares, FSX and TrackIR 5 as "normal mode" but not as "administrator mode", maybe that the problem between my FSX and TrackIR is here.

But for the moment it's not a real problem, if I run my FSX and my TrackIR as "normal mode" all is OK.

For the next installation and after one format I will installed all my software as "administrator mode"...

I wish you a good day, best regards. Olivier.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Let me know how it goes.
MerlinC2000

Post by MerlinC2000 »

Hello,

I have a similar issue - and I'm already installed and run all programs under an administrator account. Fire-Wall has been opened for Track-IR.

TrackIR Software detects camera and Tracking-Clip (pro and standard) and operates correctly.

But no function in either MS Flight Simulator X (SP1) and MS Flight Simulator 2012.

Trouble-Shooting Tips from Homepage already verified. All subdirectories available and for trackIR necessary sections are in the simconnect.xml file.

If there is no solution to get this work without being a computer-expert I will have to consider to send this unit back.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Hello -

MS Flight (the 2012 version) is not yet compatible with TrackIR. We are working to try to get MS to add this in, but as of now it is not.

Are firewalls blocking fsx.exe? Are you including the windows firewall as well as any additional 3rd party software?

Are you actually right clicking on TrackIR and FSX shortcuts and selecting "Run as administrator"? (This is different from running "on an administrator account" because of changes made to the way administrator accounts elevate processes during development of Vista and 7. It WILL act differently if you actually select "run as administrator".)