mouse emulation problems

cimmer99

Re: mouse emulation problems

Post by cimmer99 »

p.s. I know you guys are engaged with SOE for TrackIR support in Planetside 2. This is not relevant to my question. :)
cimmer99

Post by cimmer99 »

Can someone from Natural Point support address?
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

The mouse emulation program will only work if the game uses DirectInput for handling mouse movement. I haven't tried PlanetSide 2 yet but this is probably the cause of it not working with the mouse emulator.
cimmer99

Post by cimmer99 »

Cool Jeff, thanks
bbbig

Post by bbbig »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Do you have TrackIR running when you start the Mouse emulator? [/quote]

I am having the same issue - are you saying I need to have TrackIR software running before starting the Mouse Emulator? I'll give that a shot...
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=bbbig][quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Do you have TrackIR running when you start the Mouse emulator? [/quote]

I am having the same issue - are you saying I need to have TrackIR software running before starting the Mouse Emulator? I'll give that a shot...
[/quote]
Yep.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

[quote=bbbig]
[/quote]

You have to have TrackIR running and also using a game that uses DirectInput for handling the mouse and keyboard.
mouse emulator

Post by mouse emulator »

You can try to use another mouse emulator software http://www.coksoft.com/mouse-emulator.htm
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

That isn't going to help use TrackIR as a mouse.
Jae Onasi

Post by Jae Onasi »

I'm having the same issue. I start TrackIR 5, the the mouse emulator, then Guild Wars 2. The mouse movement stops working as soon as I click in the GW2 window. I have Win7 64 bit.

This problem happens with any other window, btw, such as browser windows. As long as the Track IR Mouse emulator window is 'on top, it works. As soon as another window is on top, it won't work, but I can see that the TrackIR is still picking up the signal and registering (e.g. right now I'm typing this in a partially minimized window, and I can see part of the TrackIR mouse emulator window. I see the yellow stripe moving when I move my head, but it's not moving my mouse pointer at all).
Thanks.