mouse emulation problems

jolsonsalem

Re: mouse emulation problems

Post by jolsonsalem »

The limitation of the mouse emulation program is that the game has to use DirectInput (a part of DirectX) to handle mouse movement.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Hi Guys,

Played around with the mouse emulation last night and all worked well.
With the mouse emulation window selected it all worked.

Clicking on a standard other desktop program (such as a web browser) stopped (understandable because of the directInput)

Then launching other applications (tried psychonauts mapped to camera control and surprised how intuitive it was) and also the experimental vr player for 360 filmed movies.

I completely understand the limitations on control and directInput. However it would help from a UI point of view just to know the mouse emu ws running and active (I.e. like a "Set running in system tray" or "mouse ready" status or similar just so that people can know it is not this part of the process that is incorrect.

All in all very happy with my TrackIR5 so far. I personally found that even with the mouse mapped to aim it was quite good (for slower paced experiences).
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Hi Cimmer,

Its not DirectX but DirectInput that is the issue. I have not played PS2 but if you have the TIRMouse application running (and the regular TrackIR window) and it is not doing the same job as the mouse then this game does not use DirectInput.

However if this is the case do not fear. things have moved on a bit recently and you can now use TrackIR with freePIE so that every game is supported. Google "TrackIR5 freePIE" and you should get the relevant information. This means it will work on the desktop and any previously unsupported title.