Trackir 5 software with Track Ir 3 Pro

maxwellbest

Trackir 5 software with Track Ir 3 Pro

Post by maxwellbest »

Hello

I have a Track IR 3 pro, vector, track clip with hat. Have never been really able to get 6 DOF happening for some reason. Upgraded to Track Ir 5 software. 6 Dof with this is very hairy, particlarly in the -X axis (pitch). Using this with Falcon 4 BMS 4.32. Have tried modifying the profile but no go. Problem. As I look down, the screen becomes very jittery, seems to accelerate, head turns around. Very odd. Have also tried re positioning my camera. Looking up seems OK, as does moving head side to side. Also tried lights, off, curtains drawn, etc etc. Have tried to modify profile as per manual, are there any resources online that can walk me through modifying said profile?

Thanks in advance
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Trackir 5 software with Track Ir 3 Pro

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

A screenshot would be very helpful here. Right click on the heads up display, and select camera view. Look down to the point where it becomes jittery, take a screenshot, and post it.
maxwellbest

Post by maxwellbest »

Hi, tried to post/attach images, but looking for file manager or the like. Anyhow, once I get down to about -40 to -45 on the pitch axis, it starts going haywire.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Looks like it's breaking because the angle between the clip and the camera is too steep (it's losing tracking when one of the reflectors falls out of view).

Try either adjusting the camera's position or your hat's angle (maybe wear it a little higher?) to allow for more downward movement.

Increased speed can help, too.
maxwellbest

Post by maxwellbest »

Thanks Mike, will adjust accordingly with different camera angles etc.