Laggy viewing after time

ryanbatc

Laggy viewing after time

Post by ryanbatc »

Has anyone encountered laggy head tracking after the camera has been on for a while? I'm thinking it's a heat issue. The receiver unit is physically hot to the touch near the back. After a few hours of FSX my TIR5 + track clip pro appear to lag and stutter when I turn my head. FSX remains smooth when panning with the hat switch.

Any ideas?

EDIT: here's a quick you tube video that illustrates the problem. I am physically moving my head straight up and down smoothly and without accelerating and the game stutters like none other.

http://youtu.be/soFMCav7JnU
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Laggy viewing after time

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If you alt-tab to the TrackIR software when this is happening, does it manifest in there?
ryanbatc

Post by ryanbatc »

I'll have to remember to check next time... this only happens when I run for about 3 hours minimum...
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

If it happens after that long a period of time, we should also check memory usage when it starts lagging through the task manager. When it gets to this point, what's the memory and cpu usage on the TrackIR? What's the memory usage on FSX? How does that compare to values when you first start them?