TrakIR 5 & ClipPro

14int

TrakIR 5 & ClipPro

Post by 14int »

Hi,

For some unknown reason during playing DAY Z, The Arma2 Zombie Mod, i noticed the lights on the left side of the camera were flickering on and off then the screen started to zoom in and out on its own rapidly, or the screen would jump all over the place. This did not happen at the start of playing this mod it happened weeks later. I wasn�t moving my head and i was playing in a darkened room, so no back light issues... It also occurred on clip pro.
So i checked triple buffering, it was already off. I checked to see if any software was running in the back ground; nothing else was running and all antivirus software programmes were off. Went on to Arma2 warfare games, same problem occurred.

So i uninstalled Trakir5 software, that i have used for the last 2 years and replaced it in the correct way with the same software i.e. software first then the camera.
I use trakIR5 5.0b final, as the later software don�t work on my camera, i tested them months ago.

Then more trouble after installation, camera took 5-10 minutes to function, though it recognised camera was attached i couldn�t get the camera tracking to work at first, it was very sluggish and still slight erratic behaviour with the lights on the left side of the camera flashing on and off, then 5-10 minutes later all worked fine with the camera. Then i went in to Arma2 via Game spy and on to the Arma2 Zombie mod and then TarkIR5 Camera went sluggish or wouldn�t start up, lights flashing on and off on camera again.

I went back to the desktop to check Trakir5 software was working fine and it was, so went back into the Aram2 connection that was already open, camera stopped working.
I waited in game for 5-10 minutes and the camera started to function, then later it would return the zooming in and out of screen or it would stop functioning altogether, but not all the time, sometimes it would carry on working fine, i would say 40% of the time.

So i closed my system repeated everything and still i get the same problem.
I�m now lost on what the problem could be and need help please.

Update � further testing.
Trackir5 is not being recognised by Arma2 when connecting through game spy at all now.

On the desk Top, Trackir5 can not look below 30 degrees.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrakIR 5 & ClipPro

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

From the list of things that you've done, it looks like you're maybe overthinking the issue and trying to adjust things that might not apply to this situation. It would possibly help to step back and just address things one by one.

First off, the TrackIR jumping around the screen. Would it be possible to get a (fullsize) screenshot of your TrackIR software when this is happening? That could probably help more than anything to determine the cause of the issues.

Additionally, you had mentioned that 5.1.3 didn't work for you. That seems a bit odd, there are no known incompatibilities with 5.1.3 and any version of TrackIR. It might help to investigate that, as well, but let's get the jumpy tracking taken care of first.
14int

Post by 14int »

Hi Mike,
Thanks for help.

Answering your first request:

The flickering of the screen was only occurring when online playing Arma2.
Unfortunately i can�t use my Trakir5 online now, as it will not connect or function online, only the light on the left of the camera will show function when i move my head 90deg left, right, up or down, nothing is working on screen.
I played on line for 40 minutes hoping it would kick back in again, but it won�t even after going into the controller menu on Arma2 and disabling it and enabling it a dozen times.
Camera is still functioning on the desk top, but only after i have to wait for a few minutes once i started it up, this is the only issue when not using it online. It has managed also to look beyond 30deg, when looking at the floor this afternoon.

In reply to the Tarkir5 5.1.3 software, well that has really surprised me what you have said. I tried it last year once and it would not function, though to be honest i didn�t spend time on solving the issue, i had it only a few minutes, due to lack of time and i thought, why change it if the older version works.

I tried it yesterday thinking, not working again and left it.
Now reading your comment i am thinking, well it may be not working because of the issue i have now.
NaturalPoint - Mike

A screenshot would definitely be the best thing we could use to diagnose the shakiness. Next time the problem presents itself, grab a screenshot of the TrackIR software (if you/re in game, you can alt-tab to the desktop then maximize it from the system tray, it hides there during gaming to prevent your gpu from rendering the heads up display during gaming).
14int

Post by 14int »

Update on the Trakir5 5.1.3 software, i updated that and it does work ok, but still i cannot get both trakir5 software versions to work in game now, even though Arma2 recognises the controllers.

So if both work on the desk top ok, but not on Game spy Arma2 servers, what would the reason be for this?

Could it be to do with battleeye scripts that keep getting updated every week ?
NaturalPoint - Mike

It could have something to do with the way the game is started. Do you use the same desktop shortcuts for solo play and gamespy play?
14int

Post by 14int »

Yes, same shortcut all the time.

Referring back to the Trackir5 software that i have used and as previously stated in original post, all take 5+ minutes before the tracking status is actually working, even though the software picks up the camera as detected and connected on the status bar, that light comes on 100% of the time without delay.

After the time delay the software works fine on the desk top.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Are both TrackIR and ArmA being run as administrator either by right clicking the icon and selecting it or by going to the icon properties and selecting "run as administrator" in the compatibility tab?

Do you have to run through the gamespy launcher or do you launch ArmA directly?
14int

Post by 14int »

Both were not being run as Admin and just tested both using admin, but still not working on Arma Gamespy servers.

Yes, i always go through Gamespy.

For your info:

I noticed that when I close down TrackIR software, it is still running in processes even though the software is closed down on the desk top !
I reopen TrackIR on desk top again, i then notice i have now Two TrackIR Processes running in Task Manager.
I have to check windows Task Manager now to make certain that when i close down trackIR, it is not running in processes.

Also now trying out clip Pro, that works in Track clip as well as Track clip pro. Good news is though it has no problem starting up and only lags slightly but still not working in Arma gamespy servers.

I also noticed on installation, TrackIR log file had these errors, don�t now if they are helpful.

6-7-2012
Install Log Entry Begin (Installation):
DirectX version : 09
DirectX version is okay
OS = Win 2K/XP
Component USB from 0 to 1
Component APP from 0 to 1
Component DOCS from 0 to 1
Component MSFS2002 from 0 to 0
Component PROFILES from 0 to 1
Scanning for old INF files - WITHOUT PROMPTING
Clean USB Drivers for 2K/XP : VID_131D&PID_0155
Found file (removing) : C:\Windows\inf\oem45.inf
Clean USB Drivers for 2K/XP : VID_131D&PID_0156
Clean USB Drivers for 2K/XP : VID_131D&PID_0157
Clean USB Drivers for 2K/XP : VID_131D&PID_0158
Install USB Drivers for 2K/XP : VID_131D&PID_0155
ReInstallUSBDevices loaded setuphlp.DLL :
Error = 0
Install USB Drivers for WinNTx64 : VID_131D&PID_0155
RegisterDriverINF UpdateDriver4PnP Failed! :
USB\VID_131D&PID_0155 AND C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Drivers\npusbio_x64.inf
Error = 183
SetupCopyOEMInfA Called
Install USB Drivers for 2K/XP : VID_131D&PID_0156
Error = 0
Install USB Drivers for WinNTx64 : VID_131D&PID_0156
USB\VID_131D&PID_0156 AND C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Drivers\npusbio_x64.inf
Error = 183
SetupCopyOEMInfA Called
Install USB Drivers for 2K/XP : VID_131D&PID_0157
Error = 0
Install USB Drivers for WinNTx64 : VID_131D&PID_0157
USB\VID_131D&PID_0157 AND C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Drivers\npusbio_x64.inf
Error = 183
SetupCopyOEMInfA Called
Install USB Drivers for 2K/XP : VID_131D&PID_0158
Error = 0
Install USB Drivers for WinNTx64 : VID_131D&PID_0158
USB\VID_131D&PID_0158 AND C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Drivers\npusbio_x64.inf
Error = 183
SetupCopyOEMInfA Called
NaturalPoint - Mike

The hung process is a known issue with 5.1.x and does not effect use. It's an issue with a thread not closing properly on shutdown. Terminating the hung process with task manager is possible with no ill effect on the TrackIR, but not necessary.

The error message in the install log is due to Windows 7 driver installation methods, and is normal. This is because it will normally try a few methods before getting to the one that works properly.

The issue is more than likely with the Gamespy launcher itself. It is possible that the launcher is preventing or hampering in some way proper connection with the TrackIR. Do you have issues launching ArmA without gamespy?