TrackIR5

nagua

TrackIR5

Post by nagua »

Would appreciate some help "mastering" the use in FSX. Have been for the past couple of years trying to make my 77 year old mind make this as enjoyable as most of you seem to.Software works fine seem to have less problem with Track Clip than headset. My problem is two fold unless I make a camera adjustment of 15 degrees I can't get inst panel centered on my 27" Asus. Vincent told me a couple of years ago change the CFG file. Too advanced for me not an option.Also the suggestion raising up in the chair resetting the eye point. The other problem is slowing my head down too much happening I don't seem to have the control I do in real world GA flying. I read something about only using a couple of axis when starting out. It seems that most folks take TR out of the box and know just what to do. The advantages of TR them is evident Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR5

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Okay, let's take this apart and go through it piece by piece.

1: What type of TrackIR camera do you have?
2: What type of clip are you using?
3: Where is the camera with regard to the clip? (Above, below, centered, left, right)
4: What problems are you currently having? What are you doing to try to get around them?

We can try to get it all sorted out for you.
nagua

Post by nagua »

Thank You Mike: I have TRIR5 bought back in 2010 from NP.Been alternating between both Hat clip & Pro. I alternate camera from center for Hat and left side for Pro. Current version software. I change tracking SW when switching from Hat to Pro.Camera shows proper lights Green Orange. When sitting in front of screen I don't always seem to get the 3 green dots centered in the cross hairs. I will admit when I reread your manual I get more confused. Watching the YouTube tutorial he makes everything seem so simplistic. As to what i am trying to do is constantly experimenting.My system is clean we just reinstalled XP and I don't use a "Hub" my USB's are plugged in direct. Another problem is trying to get the Pro clamp to slide positions for thick or thin headsets. Used to work fine. Did not expect plug & play but felt I should be able to use this thing. Thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Having the three green dots centered is certainly the ideal situation, but not necessarily required. It is ideal because when it's centered, you generally have the best range of motion.

Try this:

Right click on the heads up display and select "camera view"
Move your head around in the full range of motion, and watch for the following:
Markers turning red
Markers crossing through a gap created by other markers
Markers merging together
Markers moving off screen
Red or green marks that aren't your three markers

What do you see?
nagua

Post by nagua »

Mike, I tried the procedure you suggested. Did it both with hat Clip & pro.Moved camera etc for each. My monitor is a 27" Asus.With the Hat Clip following your suggestion I saw 3 Green closed to center no red.Turn head left green dots go right. Head right go left. Head up at about 40% green became red.Down 1 red dot no green. Camera center of monior.
With clip Pro camera about 8" from left side 3 green dots pretty much centered. I got however very little dot movement with the Pro on my Zennheiser 900Mg wireless HS. Also tried a hair clip somebody had suggested about the same result. When I tried to fly with both had to reset with F12 and also tried the Pause both functions worked fine. Everybody says exact same seating position each time is important. Kind of hard to sit exact and hold head same way each flight. Thanks again hope this is helpful.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Perhaps it would help if we tried to do a remote desktop troubleshooting session. We can try to schedule one via email if you would like, you can reach me at support@naturalpoint.com