Win7 Re-Install of TIR5 problems

PapaG39

Win7 Re-Install of TIR5 problems

Post by PapaG39 »

I just had to to a re-format and re-install my Win7 Home Premium.
when I got to re-installing all of the hardware/software etc and bring my computer back to where it was, I had problems one after the other mainly because of the MS User Action Control.

With my track IR 5 it became a 3-4 hour of !@##%^*U^B{P}{">.
A real bitch of a time. I couldn't get any of TIR's profiles/title or camera functions to save and they would not come up correctly after a re-boot.

After sever hours I started making some headway and now things are saved and working normally.

My one problem left is that damn "User Action Control window" that keeps coming up each time I re-boot or restart the computer.

Is there anyway to tell MS Action Control that track IR is O.K. and is a part of my computer life. It belongs! I want it! Quit screwing with me about it! or in short...Do not notify me anymore. Track IR is my friend. I love it.
It belongs...
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Win7 Re-Install of TIR5 problems

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

User Account Controls are annoying, but an important security feature in Windows 7. Due to it's nature, there's no way of making an exception for a sepcific program. Here's what I recommend to make sure TrackIR has the easiest time possible with UAC:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.
J. Gedrasik

Post by J. Gedrasik »

My TIR 5 recently stopped working. I have windows 7 home premium edition. When I try to turn on TIR5 I get an error message. Then windows says it is looking for a solution. Then it gives me the option to close the program. I have unplugged my TIR5, downloaded a fresh version from your website, plugged in again and get the same error. I recently had my Saitek pro flight yoke stop working. I unplugged it from my usb port, waited a minute, plugged it back in an it now works. After this I found that TIR5 would not work. Help please.
NaturalPoint - Mike

What type of video card do you have?
J. Gedrasik

Post by J. Gedrasik »

Catalyst Control Center says its an ATI Radeon HD 5700 series.
J. Gedrasik

Post by J. Gedrasik »

If I recall correctly, there was an update I downloaded to Catalyst Control on or about the same time TIR 5 and my flight controls stopped working. I only used Catalyst Control once ages ago to optimize my settings to play IL 2 Cliffs of Dover.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Just spoke with you over the phone, but for anyone else with this type of issue, the solution was to disable triple buffering in CCC. This is a known issue with some machines running Radeon cards, and is being studied for correction in an upcoming version. For information on disabling Triple buffering, check this post.
OT2

Post by OT2 »

Another problem I have experienced in "deleting" this and other software in Win 7, is that the "remove programs" does not completely remove the program. With this (TIR) software, it is necessary, after having "removed" the program, to go into Windows Explorer and remove the Natural Point line from the Programs file. Otherwise, a re-installation finds and re-installs the mistakes you made earlier. Some programs require a registry edit, but this seems to work with TIR software.
NaturalPoint - Mike

The only thing the installer should leave behind would be custom profiles or if you have a TIR3 with vector, the license file.
Yowie

Post by Yowie »

I can't reinstall after a messy removal of the software.Uninstall was not found and removal has been via the registry.I can no longer find any remnants of trackir but I am still unable to reinstall as the installer senses a previous installation.All that I can find are USB port references which defy even Administration efforts to remove.
Where are the rest of the Trackir/naturalpoint files?
Please Help
Regards Allan