TrackIR 5 mouse emulation mode not working at all.

EdgeNP

TrackIR 5 mouse emulation mode not working at all.

Post by EdgeNP »

I have many games which don't support TrackIR out of the box, but they do use the mouse to move the camera view around. However, I have yet to get TrackIR 5 and the mouse emulation mode to work in any of these games.

My loading sequence goes like this: launch TrackIR v5 software, launch TIRMouse.exe, launch game. Before I launch the game I can see the head tracking axis response in the small mouse emulation window. Unfortunately, when I load any game which uses the mouse to move the camera view around, the mouse emulation tracking stops working.

In fact, it seems like the head tracking fails and loses control of the mouse the moment the TIRMouse application loses focus. And since the TIRMouse application window will never have focus when you switch to another application (in this case, a game), it seems like there's really no chance of mouse emulation ever working at all.

Am I missing something here?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR 5 mouse emulation mode not working at all.

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

TIRMouse functions based on what type of window you have open.

What game in particular are you trying to use?
wobbi

Post by wobbi »

All Programs
TrackIR
Mouse Eumulator

Error message is: Unable to initialize TrackIR

what gives? any help here?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Heya -

It looks like you've posted this to a few threads, so let's try to keep it in one for continuity's sake. I've got it going here