Introduction

catmar1944

Introduction

Post by catmar1944 »

Hello Fellow Simmers,

Just ordered TrackIR 5 Pro from the United Kingdom it's coming via priority Fedex so it should not be long in arriving. I have been waiting for the right time to buy this great piece of equipment and at last it has arrived.

I have downloaded Seths Profile as Ive seen some video about Trackir and a good many are saying to download Seths Profile which I have already done.

I also have EzDok 1.7 so I'm lookng forward to melding these two together and having some fun. I'm sure that there will be plenty of assistance should I have a problem in installing and setting trackir up.

Take care all.
catmar1944

Re: Introduction

Post by catmar1944 »

TrackIr V5 arrived early this afternoon, it is now setup and apart from me not totally understanding all the ins and outs of the system I have made a few flights and it is definetly immersive, just need to do some fine tuning. Running fine with EzDok 1.7.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

At this point, I'd recommend just getting used to it with basic settings. Play with the speed slider and only adjust the smoothing in small increments as you need it. Once you get the hang of it, the advanced settings will allow you to create a profile and make adjustments on an individual direction basis. Using "show pano" by right clicking on the heads up display in the TrackIR software is a good way to see what it would look like in game (its not an immersive 3d environment, it just skins the graph so you can see something more familiar).
catmar1944

Post by catmar1944 »

Thanks Mike,

I had to return the camera because it really badly overheated, so much so I could smell it and smoke started to come from it, so as quich as I could I yanked it from the usb port, it was not easy as it was around the back of the PC in a hard to get at place. Anyway I was to scared to use it after that, so I phoned the office and they said to return it, I was told that this is only the second camera to be returned with this problem, so it's not a common occurrance.

Now I am waiting for a new camera to be sent. Phone the UK office just now and the lady said they have it and she will get someone to look at it and send a new camera.

Appreciat the support. Sorry it took me a long time to answer this but as you see I had other things on my mind and I forgot to get back on the forum.

Regards
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

The TrackIR does run warm under normal conditions, but it definitely shouldn't be smoking! It may get warm but shouldn't be enough to burn you. I'm glad you've got an exchange set up so you can get back to flying!
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Welcome Amison, we look forward to hearing from you :)