Tracking problem

14int

Tracking problem

Post by 14int »

Hi,

I ask for help on solving a problem please.

TrackIR Pro works 100% all the time, though i don�t wish to be playing with headsets all the time, i enjoy the speakers on.
TrackIR 5 Clip doesn�t work 100% of the time. It starts up like a car in the middle of winter taking 10+ minutes to kick in and only when it feels like it, roughly 20% of the time.
I have checked the reflectors and they are in good order and based on this fact that TrackIR Pro works then it has nothing to do with the adjusting of graphics card settings, starting in admin or not, or taking the software off my system and reapplying it (which i have done all a dozen times).

So i tested the camera by pointing it at a light source (while in TrackIR 5) and it reacted with the tracking system on the software and when i turned the camera and pointed at my reflectors the software froze again and after following this sequence for 7 -9 times the TrackIR 5 clip starts to work and the camera then works for the rest of the day !!!!!!!!
Now if i turn TrakIR 5 off, restart it, i have to go through this routine all over again, while TrackIR Pro has no problems.

The four IR RED lights in the camera are also not showing, while in TrackIR 5. I get no error messages.

I am using the latest software 5.1.3 and Windows 7
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Tracking problem

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

When switching to the TrackClip, are you setting the software to track the TrackClip instead of the TrackClip Pro? This can be done with buttons below the "TrackIR" in the top left corner of the software, in basic settings.

Could you post a screenshot of your software not working properly with the TrackClip on?
14int

Post by 14int »

Sorry for late reply.

Yes i set the correct button.

Last three days it worked with out a problem then the left light on camera flickered off and on for 3 seconds then it was unusable again in track clip.

I also noticed the IR lights in camera were not visible and i adjusted light brightness to see if i could see them, this was when it was working, then i altered light filter threshold to 74 it began to work, but the left camera light again flickered off and on rapidly and any other setting above 74 it would not work. Settings below 74 and it would flicker at all settings, unless i moved my head 10 inches from camera and then no problem.

How long do the reflectors last for?
NaturalPoint - Mike

The reflectors should last for a long time. If you want to know how they look, hold it so that your eyes are between the reflectors and a visible light source, or take a flash picture of them. They should be very bright.

The 4 red lights will not be on natively in TrackClip Pro mode, just TrackClip mode.

If it's not outputting enough light (you have to use a low threshold or keep reflectors close) you may either have a device that's malfunctioning or you may not be getting the appropriate level of power from the USB port.
14int

Post by 14int »

Again thanks for your time Mike.

I have checked all USB slots and all have the correct power to them and i have turned off the power saving for all USB connections.

Does it make sense to you when i point the camera to the window (light source) the camera tracking reacts with red dots and flickers on the screen, i position the reflectors in front of the camera, keeping the camera pointed at the window (light source), then move the reflectors about in front of the camera, the camera tracks begins to track the movement and obviously the light source provides screen flickering and red dots still.
I remove the camera from the light source and nothing works again?

If this is a malfunction where and how can i get i fixed if based in the UK?

Thanks
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

I too am having a similar problem but will make a separate thread.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Can you take a screenshot of the camera view with the window and the TrackClip?