Project CARS won't work with tracking

kalkross

Project CARS won't work with tracking

Post by kalkross »

Hi guys, just got trackir 5, amazing on iracing but can't get it to work with Project CARS or Arma 2 OA. Just bought Dirt 3, it isn't on the list but there are vids of CARS and Dirt 3 on youtube using TIR 5. Mybe i'm missing something, if you know what i meight need to do your help would be appreciated muchly :) Thanks for your time.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Project CARS won't work with tracking

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

The first thing I would do is troubleshoot the installation:

Unplug your camera, and uninstall the TrackIR software.
Download a new copy of the latest version of the TrackIR software, and save it to your desktop (note: do not run from the downloader).
Right click on the installer, and select "Run as administrator" (even if your account is an administrator) Finish the installation as normal, plug in your camera, and verify that drivers are properly installed via the device manager.
Run the software, and see if it works properly.

This will fix many permission issues with TrackIR that create conflicts with other games. Additionally, you should ensure that your TrackIR games list is fully updated, and you can always try launching both TrackIR and the game by right clicking the icon and selecting "Run as administrator" instead of double clicking on it.
Chris Kemp

Post by Chris Kemp »

Hi, I have the same problem as kalkross,
I have done what you advised and still wont work.
Its fine on Arma 2 OA and GTR/Race 07, just pcars not working.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
kalkross

Post by kalkross »

I am still struggling to get it to work on CARS. It works fine with all other games. I have just turn on shared memory on CARS which got the SimVibe software to work but still no TrackIR. Would have thought by now there would be a solution. Thanks for your time.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Kalkross,

I am attempting to acquire a copy of Project Cars so I may troubleshoot this issue for you.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
kalkross

Post by kalkross »

Well thank you very much for your assistance. Have you had any luck with it at all? I am so eager to use TrackIR with this game! I really am very thankful for your help.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Hello Kalkross,

I spoke with the dev team working on Project Cars. It is still a work in progress. TrackIR support has not been developed into the game at this point.
Dustin
kalkross

Post by kalkross »

Hi Dustin, thank you very much for investigating this matter for me you've been outstanding and I'm very sorry but I was sure I saw numerous youtube videos of people using it with pcars. I have just looked again and cannot see any now, maybe I was mistaken. However I'm sure they'll put it in at some point. Thanks again, TRACKIR is AMAZIN!!!
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Hi Kalkross,

It was my pleasure. I will try to remember to update this thread when TrackIR support is available. I might just make a new thread when it is implemented into the game. I am glad you enjoy TrackIR. Happy gaming!
Dustin