TrackIR Beta releases, Windows 8 and Prepar3d support

timbee

Re: TrackIR Beta releases, Windows 8 and Prepar3d support

Post by timbee »

Hi Seth
Just ordered and installed your product, on Win7 64, using ArmA2. The installed NP folder is drive C: but, like JLL, I also now have "TrackIR.cjstyles" located in "ALLUSER_DIR" folder on my backup drive K: I'm presuming this is a temp file that was left over from the install but - perhaps coincidentally - I just experienced two double red LED freezes about 5 minutes in from the start of my sim session: ArmA kept on playing, minus the control, and alt-tabing out found TIR frozen on the dt. For what it's worth, I exited and restarted and the problem re-occured twice more, though once I rebooted and restarted it went away. I'll join JLL in waiting for your advice on the folder and keep my fingers crossed over the freezes. My mission was going so well too
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hey timbee--we're investigating this issue and will report back as soon as we figure out what's up.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

This is an issue with the installer for TrackIR. For now if there is a TrackIR.cjstyles file inside there copy it over to \TrackIR5\Styles and remove the ALLUSER_DIR folder. The is usually "C:\Program Files\" on 32bit Windows and "C:\Program Files (x86)\" on 64bit.
yoyogliderpilot

Post by yoyogliderpilot »

"Run On System Startup" doesn't work on my system.
Placing an LNK file in startup doesn't work either.
I have to start TrackIR v5 manually and as admin.

I haven't uninstalled Version 4.1.038...
I installed Version 5.2 - Final (2012-11-20) directly over version 4.
In Version 4 it worked...

Any ideas?
timbee

Post by timbee »

OK, Seth, an update:

There was no Styles folder in the Drive C: installation, so I've created one there and moved "TrackIR.cjstyles" to it. I'll continue to monitor for the red lights and report back if that re-occurs.

A further update: I replicated yesterday's circumstances and was able to play with no red light incidents. I can't say whether those were attributable to the faulty file location, but at any rate regard my problem as fixed. You might also like to know that the License folder is empty. Thanks for your prompt assistance.
gregj

Post by gregj »

Seth et al,

I just wanted to say that I am deeply disappointed in that TrackIR and Prepar3d cannot come to some form of agreement with respect to how to make Prepar3d's software work and play nice with TIR.

Lockheed is one of the largest military developers in the world with untold dollars in military and civilian contracts, I would think that you would really want this as a notch in your bedpost.... I am now forced to try and figure out a workaround for what to me was the best thing ever to happen to flight simming. Recently I have had some severe issues with FSX, and no shortage of assistance with Jeff at Natural point - Thanks again Jeff. However I am unable to get fsx to even install again.....so curious, nor was I able to get TIR working with what was once a working version of fsx. At this point it is disappointing to have more than one failure. Surely your product, regardless of the need for instructor views, can be married off to work appropriately with Prepar3d.....if not.... can I have my money back?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Greg,

The latest versions of the TrackIR software support Prepar3D.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Sabrefly

Post by Sabrefly »

In version 5.4.2 I can not assign affinity to TrackIR.exe in a batch file anymore.
It still works in version 5.4.1 though and I use this version therefore.
I have an 8-core CPU and my games run smoother when I set affinity for different apps in a batch file.
What has been changed in 5.4.2?
Thanks.