TrackIR Beta releases, Windows 8 and Prepar3d support

hjv

Re: TrackIR Beta releases, Windows 8 and Prepar3d support

Post by hjv »

Good news indeed! :grin:

TrackIr 5 has become an indispensable tool for my FSX. I am seriously contemplating getting Prepar3d. FSX is ok for now, still the future development of that code is in the hands of the P3D folks at Lockheed. The change is coming sooner or later. It's just a matter of when. However, without being able to use TrackIr in P3D it would be a no go for me. I'd either be stuck with the old FSX or have to find another tool to replace TrackIr.

Thank you so much! You guys have really made me happy now. :)

Kind regards
Hans J. Varfjell
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=hjv]Good news indeed! :grin:

TrackIr 5 has become an indispensable tool for my FSX. I am seriously contemplating getting Prepar3d. FSX is ok for now, still the future development of that code is in the hands of the P3D folks at Lockheed. The change is coming sooner or later. It's just a matter of when. However, without being able to use TrackIr in P3D it would be a no go for me. I'd either be stuck with the old FSX or have to find another tool to replace TrackIr.

Thank you so much! You guys have really made me happy now. :)

Kind regards
Hans J. Varfjell[/quote]
Have fun, Hans. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
shamandgg

Post by shamandgg »

EZCA module (for FSX): bug in TIR drivers 5.2.000 Build 13551 preventing TIR functionality within EZCA module.

I have made clean installation of FSX, FSUIPC, EZCA. Followed EZCA installation stages inside manual, both 'simconnect' files are disabled in TIR installation folder, TIR has profile selected and responsive. TIR is selected on EZCA profile and enabled in EZCA options, but TR doesn't lit. I checked FSX controllers and all keyboard functions for numpad, views as requested in manual, together with joystick hat are already deleted by me.

TIR drivers 5.2.000 Build 13551
EZCA 1.17
FSUIPC 4.858 (not yet configured, freshy installed before installing EZCA module)

Only downgrading to TIR drivers 5.1.300 has solved this issue.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=shamandgg]EZCA module (for FSX): bug in TIR drivers 5.2.000 Build 13551 preventing TIR functionality within EZCA module.

I have made clean installation of FSX, FSUIPC, EZCA. Followed EZCA installation stages inside manual, both 'simconnect' files are disabled in TIR installation folder, TIR has profile selected and responsive. TIR is selected on EZCA profile and enabled in EZCA options, but TR doesn't lit. I checked FSX controllers and all keyboard functions for numpad, views as requested in manual, together with joystick hat are already deleted by me.

TIR drivers 5.2.000 Build 13551
EZCA 1.17
FSUIPC 4.858 (not yet configured, freshy installed before installing EZCA module)

Only downgrading to TIR drivers 5.1.300 has solved this issue. [/quote]
This is probably something that the EZCA devs will need to help troubleshoot. They have an unusual integration method for TrackIR, since they're essentially disabling TrackIR's Simconnect support in FSX in order to re-implement our API in their addon. They found a way to make this work, but I'm not sure exactly what they did. It's possible that their methods need updating with our new release. That's something they'll have to investigate.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
ontheair

Post by ontheair »

Just to make sure :

The TrackIR5 driver version I'am currently using without EZdok Camera Addon is 5.1.300 build 9945. It works fine for both FSX and P3D platforms with both TrackClipPRO or TrackClip devices.

Is the latest TrackIR_5.2.beta.02(added Windows 8 and P3D supports) supposed to work with both sims and both devices ?

(TrackIR 5 serial #xxxxxx)
Last edited by ontheair on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: please don't post serial numbers on the forums
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=JLL]Just to make sure :

The TrackIR5 driver version I'am currently using without EZdok Camera Addon is 5.1.300 build 9945. It works fine for both FSX and P3D platforms with both TrackClipPRO or TrackClip devices.

Is the latest TrackIR_5.2.beta.02(added Windows 8 and P3D supports) supposed to work with both sims and both devices ?[/quote]
Yes, the new software works with both FSX and P3D, as well as both the TrackClip and TrackClip PRO.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
DEmonGHost

Post by DEmonGHost »

I also just installed 5.2 beta and are experiencing exactly the same problem that you are.
ontheair

Post by ontheair »

"Yes, the new software works with both FSX and P3D, as well as both the TrackClip and TrackClip PRO"

I confirm this is correct. Thanks

another question :

should I keep the file named "TrackIR.cjstyles" located into the ALLUSER_DIR folder I just found in my E drive where FSX is installed ?
ontheair

Post by ontheair »

Hi Mike,

Where are you ?? No news from you for "ages" !!
Would you please answer my last post related to the file named "TrackIR.cjstyles"
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Unfortunately Mike isn't with the company anymore. I'm not sure exactly what the TrackIR.cjstyles file does, but you could try moving it out of the folder it is in now to a temporary one and make sure that FSX still works with the TrackIR.