ALLUSERS folder

0Artur0

ALLUSERS folder

Post by 0Artur0 »

After the last update thee is a folder "ALLUSERS_DIR" in my C:\. Can I delete it? There is only one file inside and I don't see any reason that this folder should be at that place. Naturalpoint has it's own folder inside Program Files. It should be there if anywhere.
jolsonsalem

Re: ALLUSERS folder

Post by jolsonsalem »

Check to see if trackir4.cjstyles is in TrackIR5\Styles before you delete it. I'm looking into the issue with the installer as to why it's doing this.
0Artur0

Post by 0Artur0 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Jeff]Check to see if trackir4.cjstyles is in TrackIR5\Styles before you delete it. I'm looking into the issue with the installer as to why it's doing this. [/quote]

Yes, the file is in the folder. Should I leave it alone in this case?
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

As long as you have the .cjstyles file in the TrackIR\Styles folder you can delete ALLUSERS_DIR and its contents.
Robby Clark

Post by Robby Clark »

Hey Jeff,
I have this ALLUSERS folder in my E:drive where I have my flight sims installed. I installed the last updated 5.2 final Trackir 5 software ( however I have the Trackir 4 hardware ). All other parts of the software appear to have installed in my C:(X86)Program Files;Natural Point folder. Interesting, there is no "Styles" folder or ALLUSERS folder in the TrackIR5 folder or subfolders. Of course no .cystyles in this either, it is only in the ALLUSERS folder on my E drive. I had noticed this with the previous beta installs and thought this is just part of the new pathways ( maybe something to do with flightsim locations ?? )
Anyway, it is working fine so I have left it alone and will continue to do so unless you advise otherwise. Just thought I'd pass this along.
cheers--rclark
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

There is going to be a new version of the installer that will put all the files and folder in their correct places.
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Just downloaded and installed the latest version and was about to ask the same question but found this post.

I had the same problem after installing but since I don't like to have strange folders/files on my disks I created a Styles folder manually under the TrackIR folder since it was missing and then moved the TrackIR.cjstyles file into it and deleted the strange ALLUSERS folder in the root of my D: partition.

I hope this will work but if not I guess I'll find out soon enough ;-)

Edited to add I just noticed my signature for some reason doesn't seem work so I better sign my post manually then. Any idea what might be wrong with my signature? I tried clicking the URL and it worked out just fine.

//Richard
Richard
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Noticed there are references to this ALLUSERS_DIR folder in the Registry so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to move this file to a Styles folder manually and then removing the ALLUSERS_DIR folder...

When can we expect a modified installer that will put all folders and files where they should be?
Richard
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

TrackIR 5.2.1 was posted to the website this evening and it corrects the bug in the installer creating the ALLUSERS_DIR and also some issues people had with manually creating the Styles folder and moving the cjstyles file into there.
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Thanks Jeff for your prompt reply and support!

Since I haven't been in your forum for quite a while I would also like to extend my BIG thanks for your product. It is one of those "add-ons" I wouldn't want to be without in FSX and it has really raised the sense of realism more than anything else!

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to you guys!!
Richard