TrackIR 5.2 installer hangs

astrospud

TrackIR 5.2 installer hangs

Post by astrospud »

Upon getting the software update message, I d/l'd from NP site the TIR 5.2 final installer.

I keep getting the same dialogue box:

The "next" button does not appear to allow me to advance the installation.

I have uninstalled TIR, ran CCleaner to purge the registry of TIR entries (assumed thorough clean), unplugged camera, and I still get the hanging installer.

Up until this, 5.13 final worked well.

I run Win 7 64 bit Home premium.

I appreciate any assistance to get this build working on my PC.
andrejg

Re: TrackIR 5.2 installer hangs

Post by andrejg »

i had the same problem. i solved it this way:

- reboot your machine (either that or kill all ms installer processes in the task manager, since killing only naturalpoint's installer in the task manager doesn't unload all ms installer processes)
- delete all files in c:\windows\temp and c:\users\\appdata\local\temp. on my machine naturalpoint's installer extracted itself to appdata\local\temp. if you have any zombified install processes it will refuse to delete the naturalpoint installer .msi (or .exe, whichever) and it will report them as in use.
- run the installer again. it should work ok.

in my case, i guess, the problem was that i ran the trackir software in the middle of the installation, righ after the x64 drivers were installed. i thought it had finished installing when, in fact, it was just starting to install the software.
astrospud

Re: TrackIR 5.2 installer hangs

Post by astrospud »

Thanks for the help Andrejg.
I did what you suggested and while I didn't have any luck running the installer TrackIR_5.2.Final.exe, I did look under c:\users\...\appdata\local\temp, I found the .msi installer. I ran that instead and the installation ran flawlessly.
Bizarre...
Anyhoo, all sorted. :)