5.2 doesn't load at start up

Razor18

5.2 doesn't load at start up

Post by Razor18 »

Hi,

I have no issue with my TIR5, except not loading with Windows despite "Run at System Startup" box being checked. Running "msconfig" to check automatic startup programs, proper box in naturalpoint's row also checked, so I really dunno...

Any advice?

Thanx
jolsonsalem

Re: 5.2 doesn't load at start up

Post by jolsonsalem »

You may want to check in the system tray with all the icons down by the clock. By default Windows will hide a lot of the icons so you may have to click the up arrow and check to see if you have TrackIR icon in there.
Tappi

Post by Tappi »

Hi,

had the exact same issue with a fresh install of Win 8. Autostart entry is there, nothing loads at startup.

I deactivated the Autostart in the Track IR software and created a task in the task scheduler with "high privileges".

Guess windows blocked the autostart because the executable requires admin rights.
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Some configurations and permissions settings can cause the newer versions of TrackIR to not run at startup because of UAC. And you've already described the work around :)
Razor18

Post by Razor18 »

I already set the software for "Running as system administrator". Isn't it enough?
Tappi

Post by Tappi »

@Razor18: Even if you do this Windows will prompt you with a UAC window and ask for permission which it does not do with autostart applications.

Here is an extensive How-to for the Windows task scheduler:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window ... eduler/616
Edit: The description is for Vista but works the same in all newer versions.

@Jeff: In my case the configuration is MS Windows 8 defaults. Which means UAC, WIn Defender etc. enabled. Isn't it supposed to work in this stock configuration!?
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

When we went to version 5.2 we had to use some elevated privileges that UAC will still ask for confirmation even if you are using an administrator account or have the Run as Administrator option set. The only workarounds we have at this time is either launch it manually, use task scheduler, or disable UAC.

Manual launch is my personal preference with task scheduler coming in second. Disabling UAC has security draw backs and I don't recommend disabling it.
M@rCZyn

Post by M@rCZyn »

Hi,

I disabled UAC completely and my TrackIR 5.2 still does not start automatically after restart on Windows 10.

regards
M@rCZyn
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

M@rCZyn,

We're looking into a solution for this, but the task scheduler solution is the best one we have right now.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager