TrackIR 5 problems with Precision State & Center Hotkey

jesped

TrackIR 5 problems with Precision State & Center Hotkey

Post by jesped »

I have a problem with the "Precision Mode". It doesn't save its state when exiting the app, and it always starts deactivated when launching the software.

Besides that, I have an exclusive custom profile set with the "Center" hotkey assigned to one of my Fanatec GT2 Wheel buttons.
The problem here is that I have to launch the TrackIR software AFTER turning on the wheel, otherwise the hotkey doesn't work, which is very annoying.

Any solutions for these problems?
jolsonsalem

Re: TrackIR 5 problems with Precision State & Center Hotkey

Post by jolsonsalem »

The TrackIR software does not save the state of either Precision modes as far as I know. This has come up a few times though so I will pass it on to the developers.

For the button on the wheel not working unless the software is loaded this is probably because when TrackIR is loaded it creates the hook to monitor that button being pressed. Loading the wheel software after that either wipes out the hook or ends up making it look in the wrong place. If you're trying to get everything to just work at start up you could use Task Scheduler instead of having them all run at once.
jesped

Post by jesped »

Yes, having the software save the setting so we don't have to activate it each time will be great.

The problem with joysticks/wheels button assignments should be fixed too.

Those kind of peripherals are not supposed to be on at all times like a mouse/keyboard. I have TrackIR set for autostart at Windows loading, but it doesn't make much sense if I have to quit it and then reaload after I switch the wheel on.

I have a Logitech G940 joystick for flight simulators, but I didn't tried it yet. Can I expect the same behavior as with the Fantanec wheel?
jesped

Post by jesped »

BTW, I just came up with the idea that TrackIr could be great to play with in 3D apps like Autodesk 3dsmax, Maya and such.

Is there any chance that it can be used with full features inside these programs or you just can configure mouse emulation?
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

The issue with the joystick/wheel buttons isn't really resolvable on our end if they aren't available before our software launches. You may want to look into using Task Scheduler to have your wheel software load then load TrackIR.

We haven't had any real interest expressed to us about TrackIR support in 3dsmax or Maya so we haven't pursued it. Mouse emulation isn't likely to work either as it requires DirectInput.