Trackir5 undetected with Win7 64bit

RedTez

Trackir5 undetected with Win7 64bit

Post by RedTez »

Trackir5 with pro clip will not detect in win7 - i managed to get it to detect in the software occasionally but it does not light up or work, I followed all the install uninstall instructions on here and no difference- i proved the brand new device works by installing and plugging in to a friends win vista 64 bit machine and it went straight on and worked.

Any help would be appreciated but i have tried everything on here several times to no avail.

Best Regards ALL
RedTez

Re: Trackir5 undetected with Win7 64bit

Post by RedTez »

As a 2nd thought - i was wondering - since my intel chipset usb2 ports are not supported - could i add a pci express card with 4 usb 3 ports that uses the VIA chipset - do you know if it is supported by the Trackir drivers??

Best Regards ALL
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

The Intel USB 2 chipset should be supported, it's the USB 3 chipset that seems to be hit or miss. Either way there should be no issues with a USB 2.0 PCI-e card though.
RedTez

Post by RedTez »

No - didnt work - it behaved the same as the onboard usb ports - i tried both a usb2 pci card and a usb3 pci card - the 3 detected but didnt work - the 2 didnt even detect

Best Regards ALL
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Have you tried this TrackIR on any other systems?
RedTez

Post by RedTez »

yes - works great on this stupid vista 64 machine next to me of my mrs

Grr - i gonna get a small sata hd to try a fresh install of this win7 64 to see if this install has somehow bloated or broke itself.

You did remote assist me and said the usb drivers may not be supported but they are windows 7 usb2 and renesas usb3

The mobo is asus p8p67 pro - if anyone else has this board and trackir is working - i would love to hear from them :P I tried the usb drivers from the mobo page but they made no difference but said intel series 6 etc

Best Regards ALL
fowlerj

Post by fowlerj »

I can confirm that it works on windows 7 64 on the following motherboard if that helps, GA-X58A-UD3R rev2?

I would check your USB with another device, I heard about blowing fuses.