My TrackIR-5 is totally unstable for some reason

Rick1

My TrackIR-5 is totally unstable for some reason

Post by Rick1 »

I am trying to use my new trackir 5 for Arma2 and I have tried this with several profiles and the same thing happens. The screen will automatically jump to a view behind or the side without me moving my head. This is especially true then walking forward. The same jumping occurs when I am not playing a game but just viewing the trackir display. Could this be a software glitch, something wrong in my settings, other?
jolsonsalem

Re: My TrackIR-5 is totally unstable for some reason

Post by jolsonsalem »

In the TrackIR software right click anywhere in the HUD area and choose Camera View. Do you have any other red/green areas beside the 3 points of the TrackClip?
Rick1

Post by Rick1 »

No, its tracking 3 objects, all green
Rick1

Post by Rick1 »

[quote=Rick1]No, its tracking 3 objects, all green[/quote]

Correction: I tried again at a differnt time of day and found some additional red areas. The appearance of these red areas when sunlight is coming into the room seems to be the source of the unstable behavior of my trackir. I will continue testing it and see if I have stability issues when only the 3 green points are showing. If its stable when the sunlight is blacked out then problem soved. Thanks
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

The sunlight will cause IR light interference, and sometimes will confuse the TrackIR software. There is a Light Threshold Filter setting that can help, it's on the Camera tab.
workky

Post by workky »

Any light source behind you will make the camera go bananas.
Sometimes when I'm flying, or use to fly, my daughter would turn the light on in her bedroom which is right behind my back, my track ir would go berserk, and usually I would crash into the ground.