mouse emulation

Romano

mouse emulation

Post by Romano »

I have been a user of Trackir5 for flight and racing sims for a few years now and I cant imagine simming without it.
I recently acquired a copy of Tomb Raider and was disappointed that my TIR wasnt supported......in the game the mouse is used to pan around the view so I tried to get a profile to emulate the mouse, which seems to listed in the titles list, however I couldnt get it working........Is there a way?
Thanks Rom
jolsonsalem

Re: mouse emulation

Post by jolsonsalem »

Mouse emulation only works in games that use DirectInput to control the keyboard and mouse. We haven't tested Tomb Raider in house, but if it isn't working that is likely the cause.
Romano

Post by Romano »

Thanks for the reply Jeff.
I am not completely familiar with what you mean when you say DirectInput.....please explain to me how to confirm what you are refering, to determine if the game is using directinput (I am pretty sure it is a DX9 game) The method that I used to try and get it working was I created a new profile called "Tomb Raider" and then I went into the titles list and highlighted "mouse emulation" and in the dropdown menu I choose my newly created Tomb Raider profile....Should I be able to move the curser in windows with this profile enabled? Because I cannot.
Cheers
Rom
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

To get mouse emulation to work you need to start the TrackIR software, then load the Mouse Emulation program, then the game. DirectInput is a part of DirectX, but not every game uses it for handling the keyboard/mouse.
Romano

Post by Romano »

To get mouse emulation to work you need to start the TrackIR software, then load the Mouse Emulation program
When you say "load the mouse emulation program"....did my discription of what I did to get the mouse emulation working sound correct?
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

It sounds like you set the profile TrackIR will use for the Mouse Emulation program. To start the program itself you need to go to Start>All Programs>TrackIR v5> Mouse Emulation.
Romano

Post by Romano »

That sounds like the piece I am missing.
I will check that out when I am back at my gaming rig, and let you know if it works.
Thanks
Rom
Romano

Post by Romano »

Hey Jeff
Thanks, it worked......might be something to clarify in the documentation for the trackir..? I couldnt find a word anywhere that mentioned mouse emulation or how to make it work in the manual.
Thanks again
Rom