Trackir 5.2.2 doesn't work with ATI catalyst 13.3 beta

Potetgullmannen

Trackir 5.2.2 doesn't work with ATI catalyst 13.3 beta

Post by Potetgullmannen »

AMD released a new (beta) graphics driver for their ATI cards on march 15.

I have a AMD HD 7970 card and TrackIR 5 (with Trackir 5.2.2 final software), and it all worked fine with AMD catalyst 13.2 beta 6.

After upgrading the graphics driver to catalyst 13.3 beta, the TrackIr software crashes on starting up everytime.

I've checked in catalyst settings that triple buffering is off.

Going back to catalyst 13.2 beta 6 solved the problem. But I hope this will be fixed soon. The 13.3 beta solves a problem in Tomb Raider and also improves performance for some games.

I mainly use Trackir for Arma II&III alpha. But I also like to play other games.
jolsonsalem

Re: Trackir 5.2.2 doesn't work with ATI catalyst 13.3 beta

Post by jolsonsalem »

We'll have to wait and see what their final version does before we try to narrow down the problem. Hopefully they fix whatever was broken, but we'll keep an eye on it.
Shadylurker

Post by Shadylurker »

I updated, noticed it wasn't working and uninstalled, and went back to the latest non beta (13.2 i think)

Now it doesn't work at all. First off I couldn't even get the hardware to be recognized, this involved a complete uninstall of track IR 5, deletion of the folders and all, restart, install as admin. Still no hardware detected. an Install of version 4 software at least made my computer recognize the Track IR 5. Track IR5 software will not start up no matter what, immediate crash. Putting the dll from another post allows the software to start but nothing works.

Track IR 4 software starts fine but the camera is jacked up. It recognizes my track clip in camera mode but goes from no data to tracking every 5 seconds. no obvious IR interferance.

WTF happened.
Potetgullmannen

Post by Potetgullmannen »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Jeff]We'll have to wait and see what their final version does before we try to narrow down the problem. Hopefully they fix whatever was broken, but we'll keep an eye on it. [/quote]

Good advice Jeff, cause I'm happy to report that the new ATI catalyst 13.3 beta 3 released yesterday, march 19, seems to have solved the problem. TrackIr no longer crashes on starting up.:)

ATI Catalyst 13.3 beta 3 download

Info: "Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst� 13.3 Beta3 Driver for Windows�

Resolves OpenGL application issues seen with the AMD Catalyst 13.3 Beta2 driver
"
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Good news indeed! Thanks for the update.