Inverted defaults

TeargasHorse

Inverted defaults

Post by TeargasHorse »

I just (finally after a month) recived my IR 5, I have to ask why the default settings are reversed? Left is right, up is down, who uses it this way??
Now my problem is, I have trackclip, but it the trackclip setting doesn't work half as well as the trackclip device with proclip setting? WTF, the yaw left is zoom, and the pitch is roll, the wtf is wtf??? WTF??
Guyver1

Re: Inverted defaults

Post by Guyver1 »

You're supposed to choose which device your using inside of the TrackIR software.

If you're using Track Clip, select Track Clip.
If you're using Track Clip Pro, select Track Clip Pro.

Why would you select one if you're using the other?!!

Also, check each axis and check you haven't ticked the Invert tick box by mistake.

Its not inverted by default, at least mine wasn't, and I haven't see anyone else mention it being inverted by default either.
TeargasHorse

Post by TeargasHorse »

I didn't notice the clip versus pro boxes to be clickable, at first, i thought it was just showing what was detected, so I was setting up the pro, with clip selected and everything seemed to be working except yaw to the right was getting weird snap-left functions. While trying to fix that I noticed the pro setting.
So I clicked it, and everything went wacky. I suppose I need to create a new profile set for pro.

Default settings are inverted, left was right, and down was up, until I checked the inverted box.
Guyver1

Post by Guyver1 »

OK, lets get some things correct.

Are you using Track Clip (the baseball cap device)
or Track Clip Pro (The headset device)

??

Whichever one you're using select the appropriate device in the Track IR software.

Check out my video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVyhfcbapU

Change the view so that all you see is the tracking grid. look at the center of your monitor and press F12 to center your view. (you can press F12 at any time, even in game to center your view if you adjust your seating position while playing.)

Make sure that the TrackIR sensor is in the MIDDLE of your monitor (if you're using the baseball cap track clip) and that your head is level with the sensor.