Strange Y axis behaviour!

TrailBlazer

Strange Y axis behaviour!

Post by TrailBlazer »

Hi!

I purchased my TrackIR5 together with a Track Clip Pro a few weeks ago, as I am getting more seriously involved into flight simulators, it became quite essential. I like it very much and cannot imagine playing without it any more.

I have only one slight problem with it from the beggining and I'm posting it because I hope it is a solveable problem.

So every time I turn my head up or down (pitch) and than return to horizontal view I got a strange instantaneous jump on the Y axis. Hers a youtube video I uploaded to made it clear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUhBKrNmcOs

What I tried to solve the problem: I tried to turn my whole table and tried to all kinds of day and evening lighting conditions, no success, I tried it with the Hat Clip instead of the Track Clip Pro, problem is present with that as well, tried different profiles (all defaults and custom ones) problem is there with each and every of them (and on the video you can see that the jumps is present on the real head movement as well not just the translated movement), tried software reinstall, no success.

After all these tries, I have decided to ask for some support, maybe it is a problem easy to solve. Please Help.

Thank you in advance for the answer.

Regards
TB
redlightning777

Re: Strange Y axis behaviour!

Post by redlightning777 »

I get this exact issue.. strange there is no replies to this question.

Any pointers..
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello redlightning777,

What profile are you using when it does this? Does it happen on profiles with no deadzone?
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
redlightning777

Post by redlightning777 »

The default profile with the deadzone.. I turned the deadzone off and it still does it.. but not as often.

Strange this did not happen with my trackIR 4.. just this 5.

I also used trackir software driver version 5 with the TrackIR 4.. Not sure what is going on with it. .
Manyoces

Post by Manyoces »

Hi all, sorry to revive this old post, but did you finally get an answer to this issue, it's also happening to me.

Cheers
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Manyoces,

I don't have any notes on this issue, but I remember trying different profiles and a few other solutions. Are you using a custom profile?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Sampler

Post by Sampler »

Tengo el mismo problema, el eje (Y) arruina la mayoría de mis misiones en DCS. Después de agacharme, no recupera a su posición neutral, por favor, solucionen este problema.
Awwsky

Post by Awwsky »

It would appear there is a lack of support. I too have seen this issue and it's crazy jumps when looking in the pitch attitude. There should have been a reply addressing this issue by now.
Awwsky

Post by Awwsky »

There is another post that may help with this issue. I'm going to try everything that's suggested. Here is the link: https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 60&t=14312