TrackIR 5 Jerkey Camera

Call911

TrackIR 5 Jerkey Camera

Post by Call911 »

Have had TrackIr 4 an now 5(just arrived). Not sure what might be causing this but after a period of time of running TIR ingame(DCS World) the camera will randomly jerk off screen to the side. Is this a centering(alingment) between my track clip an the sensor on the kb or maybe somthing else. I'm also using a custom profile from the DCS forumns for the KA50 an A10C.
Thanx,
Call911
Call911

Re: TrackIR 5 Jerkey Camera

Post by Call911 »

Was'nt sure how to really explain this, not sure if it's the profile? A setting on the device, or the way I have the device setup on my monitor? I managed to get the issue on fraps showing the 3 dots that make up the triangle for centering as u watch you'll see the dot(triangle) turn red as the triangle shifts off screen along ith the view. Any help advice would be great Thanx.
http://youtu.be/VAjwSgt85G4
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hi Call911,

The issue that is causing this is light interference. You can see in the video that when it starts to track erratically that there is a red dot on the side of the camera. The best way to solve this is to adjust the light filter threshold and attempt to eliminate the light interference. Anytime the camera behaves erratically I would like you to switch over to the "camera" view from the display drop down menu and see if it is tracking multiple objects. If it is tracking any amount of objects aside from 3 there is a problem.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Call911

Post by Call911 »

Not sure if it was you I talked to but I called an they solved it TY for the reply.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hey Call911,

I'm glad to hear that it is running right!
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager