Euro Truck Sim 2 (TrackIR suddenly not working)

Trip75

Euro Truck Sim 2 (TrackIR suddenly not working)

Post by Trip75 »

Hi there,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this damned issue!

I have been using the TrackIR 5 with TrackClipPro for over a year now. I've used this hardware without ANY issues in Arma 2 and 3, City Car Driving and Euro Truck Simulator 2. Recently however, Euro Truck Simulator 2 no longer responds to my TrackIR5 when I'm in the driver seat of my truck. This is really odd since it worked flawlessly for over a year and I have not changed any settings or my profile in the TrackIR software. The TrackIR5 works perfectly in the other games I've mentioned but it does not work ONLY in Euro Truck Sim 2.

Things I've done to troubleshoot before coming here:

1) Checked google and this forum for this issue and found no topics that is of any help.
2) Checked to see if TrackIR5 still works in games other than Euro Truck 2 and it does. Flawlessly. Both Arma and City Car driving works without any issues. My TrackIR hardware is working fine in that case.
3) Uninstalled the TrackIR software and then reinstalled it. No luck.
4) Unplugged the TrackIR5 from current USB port to a diff one that I know works. No luck.
5) Disabled all mods in ETS2. Unnecessary however, since the TrackIR worked fine before with these mods. No luck.
6) Uninstalled and then re-installed Euro Truck Simulator 2. No luck.
-----------------------------

The only thing I've done differently is I downloaded (thru steam) the latest beta build of Euro Truck Simulator 2 so I can check out the latest updates. I don't know if that might've triggered something that could disrupt the TrackIR software/hardware? As I mentioned, I uninstalled ETS2 and then re-installed the current official version (making sure the beta version wasn't installed) and still nothing. TrackIR was working fine before in ETS2 before this beta build download.

Please help. I love the TrackIR so much and ETS2. If I can't use my TrackIR then I will be a sad panda! Thanks.
MikeWitham

Re: Euro Truck Sim 2 (TrackIR suddenly not working)

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello,

You have been very thorough in your testing. I don't have an immediate answer for you, but I will be looking into it. I do have a couple questions, does the TrackIR register ETS2 at all? Does the right LED come one when you start the simulation? Have you tried opening ETS2 as an administrator, outside of Steam? Let me know the answers to these questions and I'll see what I can come up with for you.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Trip75

Post by Trip75 »

I have done everything you've posted as well. I have finally tracked down the problem. It seems my current profile is corrupt. I created a new profile and activated the same mods that I was using in my previous profile, logged in and the TrackIR is working normally once again. I then went back to my old profile and the TrackIR is once again, not working. This leads me to believe that the beta build I used thru steam somehow corrupted the TrackIR functionality. I can't imagine how or why this would happen but it did.

I wonder if this is a bug that might transfer over to the final release build of ETS2. I've already submitted a bug report regarding this bug.

Thank you for trying to help me sort this issue but it is now resolved.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to have the knowledge on here in case it happens to someone else.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hello ;)

I got the same problem as above.

A solution for me wich worked well : create a new ETS2 profil and set up the keys binding for controlers you have and then copy/paste the control.sii file from the new profil folder into the olders profils folders wich cause problem with Track IR5 and overwrite this control.sii when prompted.

All olders profiles should work now with Track IR5.

Warm regards
Gerard
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Thanks for posting the workaround to this issue!
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Gerard,

Thank you for the solution. It's always nice to have more ideas and solutions floating around.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hi,

No problem fellow guys, this problem is only the cause by ETS2 game only not by a missfunction of Track IR.

I'm happy to be able to help someone.

Warm regards
Gerard
Fletchbass

Re: Euro Truck Sim 2 Not showing in game list

Post by Fletchbass »

Hi just bought TrackIR and tried to use it with euro truck 2 but it is not working . I did notice it was not in the game list in my trackIR titles profile tab

It does work in Flight Sim X so my install is good

Any help would be great.

Fletch
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Fletchbass,

ETS2 uses the same profile as ETS, so there won't be an entry for it in the titles list. Did you make sure both the TrackIR software and ETS2 are ran as an administrator?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager