TrackIR5 camera stopped working

ceege1

TrackIR5 camera stopped working

Post by ceege1 »

Hi,

My trackir5 camera has stopped working .The software loads fine and it recognizes the devise as TrackIR5 #125773 but is jammed and none of the buttons or lights on the camera are lighting up at all. Quite often after a while the camera view box up in the top right corner of the program screen will start to show intermittent red horizontal lines as if light is hitting the camera and the tracking numbers will start to cycle, but the Track clip Pro/Track clip (I've tried both options) still will not register or camera lights illuminate (This is in a darkened room with very little reflected light) .It is like the camera is dead!!
The only status light illuminated on the program taskbar is the camera is 'detected and connected' with the other two brown and blue lights (status & game enabled) not functioning at all. The hotkeys on the bottom tab of the software (pause,precision etc.) are frozen also.
I have tried all of the natural point Troubleshooting hints to no avail as well as running the program as administrator and going into the programs properties to try other setup options.

As a side note the tracker cables to both the camera and track clip were damaged recently by our cat biting them. I have removed the punctured sections of wire cable from the camera and Proclip and rewired/spliced and soldered them back together. I am sure this is not the issue as the unit worked well for some days after this was completed?
I have read elsewhere this unit can be prone to overheating which can cause its failure. Is there a way to check if this is the problem.....is this likely to be the case?

TrackIR5
Track Clip Pro
Windows7 64bit

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Chris.
CoolSpy

Re: TrackIR5 camera stopped working

Post by CoolSpy »

I have the exact same problem! Red lines everywhere and can't get it working again even if recognized by the trackir software in win7 64
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR5 camera stopped working

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello CoolSpy,

Would you please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can look into the issue?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager