TIR 5 w/ sticker "dot" on NV 3D Vision 2 glasses (no clips)?

simracer1

TIR 5 w/ sticker "dot" on NV 3D Vision 2 glasses (no clips)?

Post by simracer1 »

I'm about to buy TrackIR 5 to mostly use for racing sims (especially rFactor 2 and Game Stock Car, but most of them actually) along with my triple-screen, Nvidia 3D Vision 2 setup...

I am wonder one thing though....

Is it possible for me to not use the Track Clip or the Track Clip PRO, and just use a single "dot" sticker stuck to the centre of my 3D Vision 2 glasses? "Dot" sticker will be the official Natural Point ones found here --> http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02- ... ories.html

I understand that I will not be able to achieve the 6 degrees of motion, however, will I still at least be able to use 2 degrees (pitch - look up/down, and yaw - look left/right)?...

Also, if I use 2 dots - one on the left corner of my Nvidia 3D Vision 2 glasses, and one on the right - instead of 1, then that should allow the TIR5 sensor to distinguish roll from pitch and yaw, thus giving me 3 degrees of motion, correct?...
Seth Steiling

Re: TIR 5 w/ sticker "dot" on NV 3D Vision 2 glasses (no cli

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Simracer1,

Single dot tracking has been deprecated in our 5.x software, but you can still use the latest build of the 4.x software with TrackIR 5 hardware. That software version does contain the single dot tracking for Yaw and Pitch.

We do not have a two dot solver for 3 DOF tracking.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack