X-plane 10 64 Bit - switching aircrafts

mgabb

X-plane 10 64 Bit - switching aircrafts

Post by mgabb »

Hi,
I'm into the learning process of XP10

conversely to FSX/P3D, if I change aircraft, TiR5 is no more recognized by XP10 (although it is normally working when checked through its own software)

please, is there any trick to avoid restarting XP10 every time I change aircraft?

thanks
MikeWitham

Re: X-plane 10 64 Bit - switching aircrafts

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello mgabb,

Are you running both the TrackIR and X-Plane as administrator? Does this happen every time you switch planes? When it stops working, what lights are on, on your TrackIR?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mgabb

Post by mgabb »

Hi Mike,

- I log in win7-64 as admin, so I presume Xp10(Steam) and TiR software have the privileges
- it happens every time, with every plane (I have about fifty: stock, purchased and free ones)
- only the left green light remains lit on TiR5, after switching aircraft
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

mgabb,

Logging into Windows on an administrator's account and running programs at an elevated level are not one in the same. Please let me know how it reacts when switching planes if you right-click TrackIR and run as an administrator and then right-click on Steam and run it as an administrator before starting X-Plane.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mgabb

Post by mgabb »

Hello Mike,

rightclicking on Trackir.exe and Steam.exe, then selecting "run as admin" did not produce any changes in XP10
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

mgabb,

Thank you for testing that for me. Are you using any plug-ins or add-ons that alter the way the TrackIR and XP10 communicate? What about any that change the view controls or graphics? I'm trying to find the source of this issue and any information would be helpful.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mgabb

Post by mgabb »

Mike, these are my plugins:

PluginAdmin (stock?)
Gizmo (stock?)
MaxxFX (urban textures)
PilotView (inactive)
SKYmaxPro20
XPUIPIC

the TiR5 missed recognition after aircraft switch (I have latest TiR software update) happened also since I bought XP10, either with DVD or Steam release
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

mgabb,

None of those stand out as causing this sort of problem. Please disable all add-ons and retest the issue. Then enable them one by one until you pinpoint the one causing the problem.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mgabb

Post by mgabb »

Hello Mike, sorry for the delay, yet work has priority :-)

Ii tried to uninstall every plugin (moving the plugins folder in other location), but XP10 quit working, and I had to rerun the installer to make it reacquire files that the main program did not see anymore, even after moving the plugins folder back in the original location

so I now post a picture of my plugins folders structure, maybe you could give me a hint

thanks
Attachments
Capture_2.jpg
Capture_2.jpg (65.62 KiB) Viewed 7386 times
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

mgabb,

I'm sorry to say that you have exhausted my knowledge of X-plane. I must suggest that you contact the X-plane forums. With our software working fine in FSX and P3D, I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. I am confident that it is not our software that is causing the issue, but something on the X-plane side.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager