Wavey when moving viewpoint

rpowers46

Wavey when moving viewpoint

Post by rpowers46 »

I just noticed that when I am moving my head/viewpoint I get a wavey (like heat waves) effect until I stop my head.Does not happen when I only use panning hat switch with trackIR paused.Hvae current drivers etc.TrackIR 5.2.Thanks for any thoughts,Ron
rpowers46

Re: Wavey when moving viewpoint

Post by rpowers46 »

Should have mentioned this is in FSX with Invidia GTX 770 347.09 driver.Thanks,Ron
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

rpowers46,

Is there any way that you would be able to upload a video of what is happening? I'd like to offer a solution, but I need to understand the problem first.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
rpowers46

Post by rpowers46 »

If you can explain to me how to make and send the video I will try to do so.Basically when I move my head up or down there is what looks like horizontal heat wave till I stabilize my head.I have been using TrackIR for many years and the other day was first time I noticed it.I am using it tonight and will continue to evaluate it.Thanks,Ron
rpowers46

Post by rpowers46 »

Negate my post.It is just me (an old guy) looking at things from a different view point.I love your TrackIR .Ron
rpowers46

Post by rpowers46 »

OK,sorry,but I have returned.I have a fairly high end machine by last year's standards.The best way I can describe this is I have an invisible horizantal wavey line that follows my viewpoint,then stabilizes when I stop my head movement.Best description for me is when I tried bifocal glasses and the line was there.Probably no solution,but if there is an easy one that I am missing I will be upset.Any advice is appreciated.Thanks,Ron
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

rpowers46,

The problem sounds like an older issue with FSX. Where you can look around so fast now that FSX can't keep up with the demand. You may want to look into tweaks for FSX that allow it to load more terrain and to load it faster.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
rpowers46

Post by rpowers46 »

Thanks for the reply.That's sort of what I figured after playing around It happens when I use the pan switch so has nothing to do with TrackIR.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

rpowers46,

Thank you for the heads up! I'm glad that you were able to locate the source of the problem.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager