Opinion on TrackIR 5 camera positioning?

erbkaiser

Opinion on TrackIR 5 camera positioning?

Post by erbkaiser »

I was wondering if I have my TrackIR 5 camera positioned correctly. The quick start guide and whatever I could find online is not exactly as clear as I would like it to be regarding this.

I have three monitors and the TrackIR 5 camera is placed on top of the centre one directly in front of where I am most comfortably seated like this (low quality pic, sorry): Image

In both cases I am seated in the same neutral position, and this is what the camera view shows in the software:

TrackClip: Image

TrackClip Pro: Image

I use both interchangeably: the TrackClip Pro is more precise, but has the major disadvantage I need to attach it to my headset and has cables attached, so for some games the TrackClip is preferable. However especially with the TrackClip, I get the feeling I have less freedom of movement than I should.

I assume that the TrackClip's "centre" should match the camera view's centre, and the offset for the TrackClip Pro is simply because it is physically placed to the side, but is that correct?
MikeWitham

Re: Opinion on TrackIR 5 camera positioning?

Post by MikeWitham »

erbkaiser,

Thank you for including the pictures. The placement is about as good as it could be. With switching between the two and not moving the camera I think your placement will work well for you.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
erbkaiser

Re: Opinion on TrackIR 5 camera positioning?

Post by erbkaiser »

Thanks, Mike.