New to trackir, turning head tilts it aswell

Huntz

New to trackir, turning head tilts it aswell

Post by Huntz »

Recently got trackir. Sorry if there is some simple fix for this, quite the noob still. When I turn my head to right and left in trackir software, it would also slighty tilt my head aswell. This makes it looking around wonky and weird. Anyone know what the issue might be? Using TrackIR5 + proclip. Image Image

If anyone happen to have a good tutorial for trackir, i would really appreciate it.
MikeWitham

Re: New to trackir, turning head tilts it aswell

Post by MikeWitham »

Huntz,

How far left/right do you have to turn in order to see this issue? Could you test it with the standard TrackClip to see if it reacts the same?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

Turning my head left it starts going upwards after 10. Turning my head to the right it tilts downwards after 20. Using the standard trackclip it works perfectly
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Huntz,

Try rotating the clip slightly so they are not straight up and down, recenter and then check it again. Is there any way you'd be able to post a video of it happening?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

Hello again. I decided to use the standard trackclip instead. Now I want to get the actual trackclip pro to work. After I made this topic I've wiped and reinstalled my OS. Here is a video of the problem. Looking up and down seem to work. Looking to the left or right it buggs out as said earlier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfrxRVeyd74
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Huntz,

It seems that the camera is seeing the TrackClip PRO from an angle. Where is your camera located in relation to the TrackClip PRO?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Huntz

Post by Huntz »

Its located infront of the TrackIR. I got another person to sit in my chair with trackclip pro(headset) on while I was moving the camera around trying to check if there was something wrong with the position/angle. Moving it around I managed to get up, down and right to work for the most part. Still there is a problem looking to the right. Looking left I'll go to 5-10 then change direction and go straight up(as seen in the video). Looking at how youtubers placed their trackir I cannot see what I could be doing wrong. All 3 leds are showing up in the program.
If I enable trackclip instead of trackclip pro in the program it works for the most part. I would use that instead but when trying to lean (X axis) it will also look in the direction(Y axis) im leaning.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Huntz,

Will you please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager