TrackIR stops responding in Prepar3D v2.5

wannabe

Re: TrackIR stops responding in Prepar3D v2.5

Post by wannabe »

I have not. Both P3d and TrackIr were fresh installs. I used the simconnect included in the P3d /redist folder. I will check on the version today. Others I routinely fly with are experiencing the same issue and are working with VRS for a resolution. I will advise.

Wannabe
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Just thought I would post a short update.

In my case it might have been another addon causing the issues, namely EFB by Aivlasoft. Since I stopped using EFB I have no stuttering issues anymore in P3D and TrackIR has been working perfectly. Since both EFB and TrackIR are using SimConnect my guess is EFB in some way flood SimConnect causing TrackIR to behave strangely and ultimately stop working.

This has been reported to Aivlasoft but I'm not aware of any fix at this time so for the time being I won't use EFB.
Richard
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

WebMaximus,

Thanks for the update. I will add that to the list of things to check when dealing with P3D issues like this. Glad to hear that it is running smooth now.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Fryman

Post by Fryman »

I am having the same problem as everyone else who has reported a problem here. This happens more frequently on MP. Tonight I could not run more than 5 minutes between freezes. We were trying to do carrier ops and this problem makes it very difficult to land when you cannot look around. When this happens I have no top hat control panning so the view is locked where it failed. This problem has been going on for quite awhile and I do not see any solutions in the posts. Is there going to be an update to the TIR5 software to correct the problem?
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Guessing here but since you say the issue occurs more frequently during MP sessions it's tempting to think it might in fact be a flooded SimConnect situation in your case too.

As discussed above my problem seems to have went away since I stopped using EFB which did lots of communicating over SimConnect.
Richard
Fryman

Post by Fryman »

I do not have EFB installed on my system. I am flying the VRS FA18E on P3D all the time when this occurs.
WebMaximus

Post by WebMaximus »

Sorry, maybe my last response was a bit unclear. What I meant was that you might also have some addon that makes heavy use of SimConnect and that might cause TIR to struggle for SimConnect bandwidth causing it to behave strange or eventually stop working.
Richard
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Fryman,

My first question is do you have any addons that enhance or interact with the in-game camera?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Fryman

Post by Fryman »

No I do not access the in game camera with any add-ons. The only recording of flight information is Tacview which came with the VRS plane. I try to keep add-ons to a minimum. I run active sky weather and vLSO. These are not run at all times and Active sky is not run in MP. vLSO is only used for carrier ops and the problem with TIR5 occurs at all times.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Fryman,

Is this happening in any other games or simulations?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager