Track IR has stopped working with some titles

jfri

Track IR has stopped working with some titles

Post by jfri »

I have suddenly experienced a weird problem with Track IR in FSX FSX-SE and P3D2 but not in DCS and other Arma 3 where it still works. In FSX I see both LED on the Track Ir camera illuminated and in the Track Ir software I see that EZCA is the active application with the expected profile and the blue status indicator is lit. Just like it was a few days ago when everything worked. I have rechecked the settings in EZdok and Track Ir is enabled and indicated as connected. Still no head movement is detected anymore. I tried uninstalling this EZdok utility and then no title was indicted as active in the TrackIr software and no head movement detected. But FSX is listed as a supported title. After reinstalling EZdok the problem still remains. If everything seems right in both the TrackIr software and the application being used what could be the problem ? I understand nothing and would really like some help.
MikeWitham

Re: Track IR has stopped working with some titles

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello jfri,

The main difference between FSX, P3D and all other games is that they use a third party integration called SimConnect. Have you tried troubleshooting SimConnect? You can run your P3D installer and attempt a repair, or go into FSX-SE and run the SimConnect.msi found in the install folder.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
jfri

Post by jfri »

I have been able to fix the problem by reinstalling EZdok again and this time removing a folder in appdata and then restart computer. So EZdok was the cause of the problem but I find it strange that it occurred in the first place
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

jfri,

I agree that it is weird that it happened in the first place. Thank you for posting your solution here for us.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager