Latest software upate

binky9

Latest software upate

Post by binky9 »

Today, 7/16/15, I downloaded the latest update. I get the yellow/green light on the left, when I open TiR, but do not now get the light on the right. This means that I get no head movement while is a game.

How to I revert to the previous update, or what else can be done?

Thanks,

binky9
MikeWitham

Re: Latest software upate

Post by MikeWitham »

binky9,

What title are you playing? I can test it out tonight and see what the issue is.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Mrtheox

Post by Mrtheox »

I was having the same issue in all games. The latest update deletes the list games in titles tab of the TIR 5 software. Downloading the game update zip from the website and replacing sgl.dat sgl.sig, get it working again from most of games, though that list is old and out of date. I tried with anti virus on and off to be sure, and the update always blanks out the list of games. I think something is wrong with the sgl.dat, and sgl.sig files that the update is pushing.

link to files that got track ir working again
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... 111116.zip
binky9

Post by binky9 »

I have tried it with Cliffs of Dover, and Condor.

Thanks,

binky9
binky9

Post by binky9 »

I don't know anything about sig.dat, etc. Is a fix for this coming out, so I can start flying again?

binky9
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

binky9,

There is an issue with the latest update that is only impacting a handful of users, and I am working on locating the solution. Would you be able to go into your TrackIR install file and send me the sgl.dat and sgl.sig files from there? I have attached my copies of the SGL files that you can use to replace the ones in your folder.

Regards,
Attachments
SGL Files.zip
(73.46 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
binky9

Post by binky9 »

Mike,

I can't seem to copy and paste my sig files to this message. ?? I saved them to my desktop, however, and then put yours in my folder. They did not solve the problem, though.

BTW, I am using Windows 7.

binky9
binky9

Post by binky9 »

Mike,

I tried downloading from the website, again, and then rebooted. Everything is now running normally. I hope everyone else is/has gotten this worked out.

Thanks for your efforts,

binky9
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

binky9,

Version 5.2.2 downloaded from the site is working for you? Game update goes through without any issues?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
XSannz

Post by XSannz »

Was hoping this was going to work for me I removed and downloaded again and tried updating but still failure so guess I am not in the same boat as OP yet
Dum Spiro, Spero

Nascentes morimur