TrackIR 5 & Track Clip Pro problem

JorgenToll

TrackIR 5 & Track Clip Pro problem

Post by JorgenToll »

Hi!
Why do I get these small IR LED "copies"? There are two smaller IR "dots" along each IR LED dot. The software doesn't know which ones that should be tracked.

I have the TIR and Clip hooked to a powered USB3 hub, but it has worked in this setup before.

Win7 Home 64bit.

MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5 & Track Clip Pro problem

Post by MikeWitham »

JorgenToll,

What version of the software are you using? What is your light filter threshold set at? Would you be able to submit a picture of your TrackClip PRO?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
XSannz

Post by XSannz »

I noticed that this happens if i have something reflective anywhere near the camera it duplicates ir signals.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Nascentes morimur
JorgenToll

Post by JorgenToll »

Hi!
I use the latest final version of the software 5.2.2?
I could send a pic of the Track Clip when I get back home, but I tried the original Track Clip Pro, and a Delan Clip, with the same results, so I don't think it's the clip that's causing this.
I have tried the whole scale of light threshold...
I'll try to install the TRackIR and clip on another PC to see if I get the same results.
JorgenToll

Post by JorgenToll »

Hi again!
I have now tried to install the TrackIR on a different PC. This one is a 32bit Vista PC.
Same result...
The camera is registering much more nuisance reflexions. Can't remember t doing this earlier on.

I'm thinking something is wrong with the TIR camera... It has served me well, and had to endure being knocked off the monitor on occasion, so I guess it might be due for a replacement.

Any ideas I should try out before I by a new one?
XSannz

Post by XSannz »

Can you try a test I am not part of the trackir team but have been around the tech for a while.

Turn trackir software on and activate pro clip mode but leave the clip away from the camera when it cut be seen.

Grab a TV remote and hold down something like the + volume or power button while aiming g at the camera.

Do you see one dot or the same thing with 3 dots in the software.

If you see three dots then chances are something is wrong with the camera.

I am betting something like a ir filter or lense being out of my lace alignment giving reflections passing to the sensor but that's my guess not having disassembled one of the trackir models before.
Dum Spiro, Spero

Nascentes morimur
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

JorgenToll,

Hahaha, XSannz beat me too it and is also correct. If multiple sources are showing the duplicate markers, then it is likely the camera that needs to be replaced. Though, whether it is the imaging sensor or filter I am not sure.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
JorgenToll

Post by JorgenToll »

Good idea, Mike!

Exactly the same result. One large IR reflex and two smaller ones...
JorgenToll

Post by JorgenToll »

Sorry! Meant "Good idea XSannz!" ;-)

Yeah! Sure looks that way. Pryed the camera open. Can't see anything wrong with it. A new camera is already ordered from a norwegian reseller.
Would Naturalpoint want the old one for disection?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

JorgenToll,

Sure, I'll take the credit! Just kidding. XSannz, thank you again!

It wouldn't be worth the shipping sending it in. That seems like an unnecessary expense. Thank you for the offer, please let me know once you are up and running again.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager