Intermittant operation

kneighbour

Intermittant operation

Post by kneighbour »

I use TrackIR with TrackClickPro in Windows 7 x64 and X-Plane 10.36. I have two problems.

1. The TrackIR software (the latest version) does not autoload with Windows. It is enabled, but it will not load. I have to remember to load it every time I run X-Plane.

2. Operation in X-Plane is intermittent. The left green light on the TrackIR unit often flickers OFF showing that it is losing connection to the TrackClipPro unit. This is so annoying I generally do not use TrackIR - eg I could be trying to land and the screen is flicking all over the place!

The TrackIR unit is directly in front of my head on top of the monitor and pointed directly at my head. ie about level with my head. I have the TrackClipPro bolted to the left side of my headset that I wear when flying.

I can fly for ages, and everything is fine - then all of a sudden, TrackIR drops in and out half a dozen times. This TOTALLY stuffs up the screen image, as you can imagine.

It could be a faulty connection/cable. I have tried playing with the cables, but doing so does not trip the problem.

Any suggestions?
MikeWitham

Re: Intermittant operation

Post by MikeWitham »

kneighbour,

1. Right now I have a fix in the works, but a work around for this is to hit start, and type in Task Scheduler, once in there you just need to choose to create a basic task and set up TrackIR to run when the computer starts. That should solve the issue.

2. I'd have to see video of this issue. It could be a multitude of things. First step to diagnosis would be opening the camera display area and looking for anything red on the screen. Then removing or blocking what you can.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
kneighbour

Re: Intermittant operation

Post by kneighbour »

The Camera View idea was a good one. I did have a few red dots in there. I adjusted a few settings, and even changed the angle of the camera head. Once i got rid of the 'red dots' have not had a problem since.