TrackIR5 not recognized by any game...

z0ttel

TrackIR5 not recognized by any game...

Post by z0ttel »

Hi all,

I searched the web for a while but couldn't find a solution for this issue: the TrackIR is only recognised by a game, if both programs (TrackIR5 and the game) are being run with admin rights.
If I don't do that, the TrackIR is recognised by the TrackIR-software (the green and infrared LEDs are lid), but the TrackIR is not communicating with the game (blue LEDs stays off).

On my old rig (same TrackIR, same TrackIR software, same operating system), it was sufficient to run the TrackIR software with admin rights, but it wasn't necessary to run the game with admin rights, too.

Device: TrackIR 4
Software: TrackIR 5.2.2 (installed using the admin account and with "Run as admin" from the context menu). Standard installation path (C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5)
Games: DiRT Rally, European Truck Simulator 2, IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad

Is there something that I forgot to consider? Any help is really appreciated!
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR5 not recognized by any game...

Post by MikeWitham »

z0ttel,

It's curious that it changed from one system to another, but I have seen this before. The best way, until the software changes, to get around this is to follow the guide found here: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window ... lications/

Running it as invoker should work around what you need it to. Until a software solution is put into place.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
z0ttel

Post by z0ttel »

Hello Mike,

thanks for that link; I'll try it later when I'm back at home. The idea is to disable the UAC for the TrackIR software (and not for the game) - isn't it?

There was a reason for the fresh installation: I added a SSD and replaced the graphics card by a new one, so the overall system is different. I'm not sure if this could explain the behaviour somehow.
At the moment, I have two accounts on my PC: one with full permissions and one regular account with limited permissions. I've installed the TrackIR (software and hardware) after login to my admin account, but I will login to the limited account to play games. Could it make a difference if I would install the TrackIR using my limited account?

One thing I missed to mention and which I would like to point out is that I've disabled the option to start the TrackIR software during windows startup - I've noted that there a few threads which describe that problem. In my case, I start the TrackIR software only when needed and then with admin rights.

Best regards,
Oliver
z0ttel

Post by z0ttel »

Hi Mike,

just wanted to say that the issue is solved using the procedure described at techrepublic.

Thanks a lot!

BR,
Oliver
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Oliver,

Glad to hear it.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager