TrueView does not correct roll

Spartico

Re: TrueView does not correct roll

Post by Spartico »

Also experiencing this issue. In DCS (using the A-10C) when I look over my left or right wing my view is not linear, but begins to move up at 90degrees of yaw and back down at 180degrees. Kind of like a wave. The term 'gimbal lock' was used in this thread, and I found this video which helped me understand what that meant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc8b2Jo7mno

How goes the progress on this issue?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Spartico,

Internally we are working on a few different solutions, but as far a an update for the public goes.... we aren't ready to announce anything.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Sully81

Post by Sully81 »

Was this problem ever solved? It just recently started happening to me. Is there a fix?
Dinky2006

Post by Dinky2006 »

Sully81 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:06 am Was this problem ever solved? It just recently started happening to me. Is there a fix?
Nope. Just received my TrackIR and Trackclip Pro yesterday and this is still not fixed in 2021. I can find threads about this going back to 2012. I don't think it's ever going to be fixed, and I kinda wish that I had found this thread beforehand, as I would've gone with one of the alternatives.
BRIMStone

Post by BRIMStone »

im having this issue now in 2023 (sorry for necro)

after lots of googling it seems TrueView is what's supposed to fix this, but regardless of TV setting it still inverts past 90 and still kinda goes to neutral when at 90...

was this never fixed?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello BRIMStone,

Are you using the TrackClip or the TrackClip Pro? If you are using the TrackClip Pro, please make sure that it is aligned as shown in the user guide: https://d1rhoi6onixddn.cloudfront.net/d ... _23.06.pdf. Having the LEDs tilted or at the wrong angle relative to the camera can cause odd behaviors.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative