TrackIR jerky in TRackIR software

JDski

TrackIR jerky in TRackIR software

Post by JDski »

For some reason, my Tracking for my TrackIR 5 has gotten very jerky even when viewing in the TrackIR software 3d viewer. I've been using TrackIR since TrackIR 1 so I am familiar with backround lighting etc causing problems, so I know it isn't that. I have my settings right where I only see the three green dots.
I've tried reinstalling the software and drivers but it has no effect. If I run older versions of the software for TrackIR4 it is smooth.

I tried changing the priority of the process but it says "access denied" even though I am the admin and only user of this machine. I've spend all Sunday afternoon (about 5 hrs) trying to figure out what's going on but I'm up against a wall.
JDski

Re: TrackIR jerky in TRackIR software

Post by JDski »

I tried plugging into another USB port but I'm still only getting 15 fpm in the "camera" view of the 3d TRrackIR software. I think this is my problem. I can't say for sure what my framerate were before as I never paid attention to this when I didn't have a problem. But I did see some Youtube video's where I could see they had 120 (120) where I see 120 (15).
I submitted a ticket but haven't gotten a reply yet. I hope it isn't because I couldn't find the serial number. I finally found it tonight on a tag at the plug end of the wire.
I hope it's just the camera going up and not something more serious with my PC.
I also noticed if I tweak up the IR settings I can actually see myself in the 3D viewer in red. I don't remember being able to do this before.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

JDski,

I have sent you a reply to your helpdesk ticket. I apologize for the delay, I was out of the office for a couple of days. I'm back now and we'll get to the bottom of this. When you have time, please send the serial number along with your reply to my helpdesk ticket.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
JDski

Post by JDski »

I sent you all the info you requested.
I'm going to take a chance that the unit is bad and I ordered a new unit. I will let you know if it works. It just seems strange that this issue has not happened to more people in the past.
swat

Post by swat »

Hi JDski i have the same problem one month ago, i am still waiting solution, i receive an email from MikeWhitam 6 Nov that say
"I will run this by my techs downstairs, but unfortunately he's out for the day. I'll let you know what he has to say about it. "
..and i am still waiting.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

swat,

I'm sorry that it took longer than you would have liked, but we have been looking into this solution and it is related to a hardware failure. In the few cases we have seen it is likely due to age and use. It reporting the lower frame rate is a new symptom that ties into the board failure. The solution is over-all the same, replacing the failed unit with a new device.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
JDski

Post by JDski »

I got my new unit today and it's back at 120fpm so it was a bad camera.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

JDski,

Thank you for the heads up. I'm glad to hear you are up and running again.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager