Hotkeys Broken

Piper9t3

Hotkeys Broken

Post by Piper9t3 »

Hello
I have just updated TrackIR5 to v5.3 and use it for flight simming in P3Dv3.1. TrackIR5 works in the sim however my assigned hotkeys for pause, center and precision do not function in the sim? These assigned hotkeys do work in the TrackIR5 UI but not in sim. They worked before with the previous TrackIR5 software but seem to be broken while in the sim under v5.3. Any ideas how to correct this?
Thanks and Merry Xmas!

John
Piper9t3

Re: Hotkeys Broken

Post by Piper9t3 »

Sorry seems I double posted this issue. Nevertheless I corrected the problem by setting TrackIR to Admin rights and the hotkeys now work in the sim.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Piper9t3,

I'm curious, is P3Dv3.1 running as an administrator on your machine? Thank you for the update and solution. I'm glad to hear that you are up and going again.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Piper9t3

Post by Piper9t3 »

Hi Mike
I have P3Dv3.1 installed in the C:\ drive outside the Program x86 folder and running as Administrator.

John
Piper9t3

Post by Piper9t3 »

Hi Mike
Wanted to correct myself. I initially installed TrackIR 5.3 outside the Program x86 folder. After having the hotkey issue, I removed it and re-installed TrackIR 5.3 to the default directory and set it to run as Admin at which point my hotkeys were enabled in sim. And yes my P3Dv3.1 is installed outside to Program x86 folder and running as an Admin as well.

On another note, I am new here and now realize there is a delay between approving and actual posting member posts. Is it because I am new or a general protocol in these forums?

Thanks
John
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

John,

Needing approval is mainly because you are new to the forums. The solution is to run both at the same permission level, which is what you have done to correct it. Most games don't run as an administrator, but our software did up until this last update. So, since it no longer runs as an administrator this issue is popping up for a few people. I'm glad to know that you are able to get it working.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
koop_g@yahoo.co

Post by koop_g@yahoo.co »

wow thanks you fix my problem TRACKIR beck to work on new dirver ...