camera jumping all over - TIR5 & Proclip

MonkeyNuts

camera jumping all over - TIR5 & Proclip

Post by MonkeyNuts »

hi
wonder if anyone can help me.
running the latest version of the TIR5 software (x64) with pro clip.
when playing ets2 (and other games) TIR5 works well, but every now and then, the camera jumps all over the place!
plugged in directly to pc (no hub) on a usb2 port.
hope someone can help me, as it makes playing the games almost impossible.
thanks
MikeWitham

Re: camera jumping all over - TIR5 & Proclip

Post by MikeWitham »

MonkeyNuts,

It sounds like there is possibly light interference. Could you go into the camera view of the TrackIR software and tell me how many objects it is tracking?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
don235

TrackIR 5 stopped working after 5.3.0 update

Post by don235 »

Greetings: I just downloaded latest software update and now nothing works . I tried all the suggestions on the forum, uninstall including the usb drivers, rebooted and reinstalled and still will not work. Up until now it worked great. Any help would be appreciated.

Don235
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i5 3570K
srayner

Post by srayner »

Hello,
I am echoing the situation Monkey Nuts is facing. I am careful to keep the room dark (which is a problem if I choose to use TrackIR during daylight hours.)
I am tracking only the three receivers. It will run along quite smoothly and then suddenly the view will jump around the cockpit.
Interestingly, and probably purely coincidental, the problem only occurred after I attempted to modify the settings from the default (DCS A-10C.)
Any thoughts?
Many thanks,
Steve
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5 stopped working after 5.3.0 update

Post by MikeWitham »

don235 wrote:Greetings: I just downloaded latest software update and now nothing works . I tried all the suggestions on the forum, uninstall including the usb drivers, rebooted and reinstalled and still will not work. Up until now it worked great. Any help would be appreciated.

Don235
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i5 3570K
Please start a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com. The fixes you attempted should have resolved the issue, but perhaps there is something we are missing. I'd be more than happy to help.
srayner wrote:Hello,
I am echoing the situation Monkey Nuts is facing. I am careful to keep the room dark (which is a problem if I choose to use TrackIR during daylight hours.)
I am tracking only the three receivers. It will run along quite smoothly and then suddenly the view will jump around the cockpit.
Interestingly, and probably purely coincidental, the problem only occurred after I attempted to modify the settings from the default (DCS A-10C.)
Any thoughts?
Many thanks,
Steve
I've not heard of modifying DCS settings causing this issue and can't think of a reason it would. What is your light filter threshold set at in the camera tab of the advanced settings section?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Manx

Post by Manx »

So I just got the TIR5 with TrackClip Pro and I've been having a bugger of a time with the tracking occasionally jumping. To put things into perspective, the effect is almost identical to that of blocking one or all of the IR emitters on the clip.
It was only occurring when I looked up and I noticed in camera view that I could block the upper emitter with the arm of the lower emitter. Or if I didn't have the arm perfectly vertical, I could block the middle emitter with the lower emitter while rising my head.

So far I'm experimenting with pointing the emitters downward and that seems to reduce the incidence of the issue since I would have to raise my head much higher to cause the emitter arms to block other emitters.

I'm wondering if raising the emitter above the monitor might help as well?

By the way, I'm in a fully illuminated room, running version 5.4 software on a Windows 10 Alienware 51. The lights are to my back which is to say in the cameras face but the lights don't appear on the camera view.