TrackiR 5.4.0 has stopped working ... when I connect the cam

strikers_blade

TrackiR 5.4.0 has stopped working ... when I connect the cam

Post by strikers_blade »

New to the TrackiR thingy but did some unsuccessful research before posting.

I just installed the TrackIr 5 with the 5.4.0 software. Has soon as everything is connected and launch the software, it crashes with the "has stopped working" message. No other error codes.

If I disconnect everything and start the software, it does work without problem.
If I connect the clip-pro and start the software, it does work without problem.
If I connect the camera, with or without the clip-pro then start the software, it crashes.

Any idea why it would do that?

I am running a DELL Latitude E6540 laptop (just to set the trackir).
I looked at the catalyst control center and it says nothing can be configure at this time. So I am assuming I can't see if the "triple buffering" is actually my problem.

Any suggestions ?
MikeWitham

Re: TrackiR 5.4.0 has stopped working ... when I connect the

Post by MikeWitham »

strikers_blade,

Is this a new install of the software or an update to your existing software? What does it show up as in the device manager before starting the software?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
hunjun

Re: TrackiR 5.4.0 has stopped working ... when I connect the

Post by hunjun »

Same problem happens to me but i take help fromDell Latitude E6540 Manual and follow these steps:
First of all, I was uninstall my dell webcam software and install it again, but that not working on my device.
I’m using Windows 8.1 on my dell laptop but in Windows 8.1 camera app not working, so there is no problem with camera software.

So if you are using Windows 8.1 then the first check camera app, if the camera app working, then there are problem with drivers. Update TrackIR drivers.