Trackir 5... No device detected.

KingGEAR

Trackir 5... No device detected.

Post by KingGEAR »

Hello all!

First post from this forum, had this trackir for VERY long time now, about a year or so, since December last of 2014. First time having this problem. I am getting this when I try to launch my software for any game. http://i.imgur.com/DTzQLXQ.png.

I've tried uninstalling everything.
Switching USBs.
Separating both the trackclip pro and the camera itself and putting them into different USB slots.

Suggestions?

In the Device Manager, the device shows as Unknown Device.

(If more info is needed, please ask! :D
Last edited by KingGEAR on Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeWitham

Re: Trackir 5... No device detected.

Post by MikeWitham »

KingGEAR,

What does the device show up as in the device manager?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
KingGEAR

Post by KingGEAR »

It shows up as Unknown Device in the Device Manager.
FERG

Post by FERG »

Hi Mike

I have same issue - had Tack IR 4 for a few years. Today tried to start using it again after a year out. Prompted to update to the latest software (5.4.1) which I did. Now the home screen is stating "no device detected".

Track IR4 is shown on the Unspecified list under Devices & Printers.

I checked for drivers and can 2.7 is there but against Driver Signer it states - Driver "Not digitally signed".

can you assist please?

Thanks
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

KingGEAR wrote:It shows up as Unknown Device in the Device Manager.
If you right click on the device and choose the option to update driver software. What happens when you point it to the driver location? They are stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64 by default.
FERG wrote:Hi Mike

I have same issue - had Tack IR 4 for a few years. Today tried to start using it again after a year out. Prompted to update to the latest software (5.4.1) which I did. Now the home screen is stating "no device detected".

Track IR4 is shown on the Unspecified list under Devices & Printers.

I checked for drivers and can 2.7 is there but against Driver Signer it states - Driver "Not digitally signed".

can you assist please?

Thanks
This issue pops up randomly, our drivers are digitally signed but sometimes certain PCs don't want to accept that. Start a ticket at help.naturalpoint.com and we'll get this straightened out.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Cyberadje

Post by Cyberadje »

Best Mike,

This problem started with the new software from your company. Only 5.2.2 final seems to work on my computer. Although with your new 5.4.2 software, I got this error message, which I copied for your convenience.I do hope it's a simple thing, cause I love using it while I'm flying.

Thx in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Cyberadje

An error has occurred:
Device communication error (268435457)

Details:
{"application":{"architecture":"x86","name":"TrackIR","settings":{"id":"5045834f-8416-47c6-bf1e-acbb75a959c7"},"version":"5.4.2.27545"},"devices":[],"environment":{"mid":"2382888321","os":{"architecture":"x64","name":"Windows","product_type":"0x00000001","service_pack":" (0.0)","suite":"0x00000300","sys_lcid":1043,"user_lcid":1043,"version":"10.0.10586"}},"payload":{"error_code":268435457,"error_device_serial":240306,"error_type":"device_communication_error"},"telemetry_id":"de3e1290-bf1c-484f-be39-1344c0ff7569","telemetry_type":"error_report","telemetry_version":1}
Almeidabilly

Post by Almeidabilly »

Hi guys, I managed to arrange it as follows.
1- Uninstalled from my computer, removed it completely.
2- Regedit of windows, search for Naturalpoint and TrackIR, I deleted what I could to delete.
3-I restarted the computer
4-Installed again (PS: same error)
5-I used a notebook, (another computer), and installed it without connecting the TrackIR, only after it was installed that I connected.
6-Copy the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint from another computer, in my case the notebook.
7-I pasted in the target computer in the same location, C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint
8-In the device manager, I updated it showing where the file was C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint
It worked.