TrackIR Software 5.4.2 now available.

MikeWitham

TrackIR Software 5.4.2 now available.

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello,

We are pleased to announce TrackIR 5.4.2 is now available for download on our website.

Visit the download section for the download or more information:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

Feature Enhancements

* Improved handling of situations where User Interface Privilege Isolation could interfere with TrackIR title integration, such as hotkeys failing to work when a TrackIR Enhanced title is run with elevated (administrator) privileges but the TrackIR software is not.

Fixes

* Fixed a regression in TrackIR 5.4.1 where DirectInput joystick buttons 33-128 were not usable for hotkeys.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gpbarth

Re: TrackIR Software 5.4.2 now available.

Post by gpbarth »

Mike, after a catastrophic fail in my old box, I managed to get a new machine up and running. Since I had lost everything, I just downloaded this version and took off.

I noticed you mentioned something about fixing joystick assignments, but now I have a problem with them. I assigned Ctrl-Alt-C and Ctrl-Alt-P to center and pause TIR respectively, with a new profile. I then assigned two mouse buttons to those functions.

When the mouse setup window is "on top", the buttons work. But when I close the mouse window, or minimize it, the buttons stop working. This is happening to two different mice, both of which work with the common functions (copy, paaste, select all, cut, etc.), so it's definitely a TIR problem.

Any ideas? Should I maybe fall back to the older version?
Graywolf105

Post by Graywolf105 »

the Software won't install can not figure out why
Oz_Flyer

Post by Oz_Flyer »

Hi there,
It has been some time now since the last software update. Is there a software update being look into?

David.
Laxxor

Post by Laxxor »

TRackIR reported as incompatible with WIndows10, by WIndows 10.

No software update in 5 years.

Dead software?
vsTerminus

Post by vsTerminus »

The current version of the USB drivers are causing a blue screen of death on my computer. An update would be nice as without it my TrackIR is useless to me.

Windows 10 LTSC 21H2
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero x570
AMD 5950x
GTX 1080Ti

It causes random BSODs every few days if the drivers are installed, and causes a BSOD during boot when running Driver Verifier.