TrackIR 5 and Arma 3 rotation limits

Tzujam

TrackIR 5 and Arma 3 rotation limits

Post by Tzujam »

Just got a shiny new TrackIR 5 the other day, and while it works brilliantly in DCS World, it only works pretty well in Arma 3, but no matter what I do, the game refuses to allow my first person view to rotate more than 90 degrees in yaw - or pitch, though that's not nearly as limiting.

I have done my due diligence and searched all over for the answer, and have seen people in YouTube videos who appear to have a greater panning range using it. In the TrackIR software, I've tried turning the limits on and off, enabling/disabling TrueView, using different curves and so on. The display in the software will indicate rotations of 180 degrees (or more with limits off) but that never translates in Arma 3 to more than 90 degrees.

I don't think this is a TrackIR software issue per se, but any information that could help me solve this would be greatly appreciated. :)
Tzujam

Re: TrackIR 5 and Arma 3 rotation limits

Post by Tzujam »

Replying to myself, since naturally, I solved this shortly after posting...

I had assigned the analog thumbstick from my CH Pro Throttle to camera rotation on the X and Y axis, so it seems Arma 3 was averaging the inputs from the TrackIR and thumbstick, resulting in half the viewing range one would expect. I unassigned the thumbstick from those, and the TrackIR works like a charm.
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5 and Arma 3 rotation limits

Post by MikeWitham »

Tzujam,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to know that you figured it out.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager