TrackIR 5 not working in Arma 3

fytech

TrackIR 5 not working in Arma 3

Post by fytech »

Yesterday I was playing arma while trying out my trackir 5. I was testing out different settings with the software. I also went in to the controller options in arma to see if there were any calibration options for it (don't know why I tought there would be any). Don't know what buttons I pressed but as soon as I went back into the game it had stopped tracking my motions despite both lights being turned on. So I went into the options again and saw that it was enabled and that I hadn't disabled it by accident. I checked the trackir software and could see that it was functioning properly as it was tracking my motions correctly.

I've been trying to troubleshoot for a few hours now but can't seem to find a solution. Things like reinstalling the drivers and taking the usb's out and putting them back in. So far I have no idea of what to do.
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5 not working in Arma 3

Post by MikeWitham »

fytech,

I am not aware of any issues with ArmA 3. Have you tried running Steam as an admin before running TrackIR and then Arma?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
romille1

Post by romille1 »

TrackIR works fine when i first fire it up out of game. Start game, wont turn on inside game, have to alt+tab to turn of or on. Tried lots of things to no avail. Windows update seemed to break it, but not sure. Reset Windows 10, redownloaded game and TrackIR 5. It worked!!!

However, my joy was cut short. It stopped working again.

Before I jump through those same hoops again (run as administrator, change usb port, uninstall/reinstall, buy new computer), wanted to get your thoughts.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

romille1,

I've been trying to break this for a bit now and I haven't been able to recreate this issue. Is there anything else that may be triggering the issue? Maybe a conflicting hotkey?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

Im having a similar problem,but i was using tobii 4C eyetracker which was working in arma then decided not to.I switched to TrackIR after disabling Tobii and trackir never worked either.Ive checked that Trackir is enabled,it works in the trackir software fine ,but wont work in arma. Ive run out of ideas.Edit! It was a corrupted arma profile. Delete, create a new one, trackir works again. This happened to me a year ago, but i forgot about it!