Trackir No Device Detected

dave39

Trackir No Device Detected

Post by dave39 »

My computer was "upgraded" to win10 last week and just got around to trying to use my trackir5 with FSX. I am dead in the water, "No device detected".
Made sure the software was updated to most recent. Tried different USB ports. Reboots. etc. everything I could think of. I see from some other posts that there might be a common issue.
Any suggestions or help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Dave

win10, 64bit
MikeWitham

Re: Trackir No Device Detected

Post by MikeWitham »

dave39,

If you go to the device manager and find the unknown device you can right-click on it and update the driver software. Once there, choose the option to browse your computer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64, then click next until the installer finishes and that should install the correct drivers. If there are any issues with this, or it does not resolve the problem please let me know and we'll try another solution.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
dave39

Post by dave39 »

Thanks for the quick response.
Worked like a charm. Back in business.
Thanks
Dave
sandcrab111

Post by sandcrab111 »

How do you get to the device manager? I'm having this exact problem, after "upgrading" to windows 10 yesterday. What is the device manager and how do you get to it? I'm probably overlooking something, but thanks for the help
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

sandcrab111,

First, have you tried moving the camera to a different USB port? Sometimes that will be enough.

If not, getting to device manager is pretty simple. Windows 10 allows you to locate it by typing in "Device Manager" into the start menu. You can also get directly to it by hitting the Windows key + R and then typing in devmgmt.msc into the 'Run' box that pops up.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
sandcrab111

Post by sandcrab111 »

Thanks for responding. After browsing to the NaturalPoint folder, the only thing inside of it is a folder titled 'TrackIR5" there is no USB Drivers x64. The only folder inside my NaturalPoint folder is the TrackIR5 folder. I've also redownloaded it 4 or 5 times, and used the 'repair' option as well.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

sandcrab111,

Please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com and I'll send you a couple things to test and get this resolved.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
No.42_Bandy

Post by No.42_Bandy »

I have the same problem after I had a Windows 10 update.
My trackIR5 was unresponsive when I started up the program (no lights came on)
I checked this string and noticed it wasn't recognizing the device.
I had an Unknown Device message and I followed the instructions to reload the drivers and when I did that I got a message.

Error in loading drivers.
The third party INF does not contain digital signature information
Also it referred me to the manufacturer for help.
Help Please :?
Bandy
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

No.42_Bandy,

This does happen once in a while and you need to actually fully remove TrackIR from your system. That means the standard add/remove program and following that with deleting any remaining files and clearing out the registry to make sure there is nothing left. Re-download a new installer and then re-install. If that doesn't work create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can troubleshoot this a little more.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
No.42_Bandy

Post by No.42_Bandy »

:D Thanks Mike!
Worked like a charm!!
Now back to my Sopwith Camel. :geek:
Salute!
No.42_Bandy