Can't make TrackIR window appear in Windows 10

Hate to log in

Re: Can't make TrackIR window appear in Windows 10

Post by Hate to log in »

Well happen to me right now, changed the key for F9 enable/disable since it collides with every game. So was about to open it... nowhere to be found, Thing is it's 2021, we have lived with window and multi screens for a long time. So if you please could fix it so it never can be outside any screen, whatever monitor you drag it to, Got 4 monitors, 3 at same resolution 1920x1080 and one at 3840x2180. Been having issues with programs that use .NET for its functions and since I use 200% zoom on the high res monitor so I can read the text in explorer etc. Then the .net program think it's on the screen when it decides to open itself outside the zoomed window. Since most program only zoom and enlarge whats inside their window they work (real windows program) .net zoom in and enlarge it whole window witch makes it very odd when dragging it from a monitor without zoom to the zoomed monitor. Then it sometimes get so big I can see it on all 4 screens at one time, if you then loose the grip of the window so u drop it when it's that zoomed it just disappear... my guess to lower right corner as they describe above.
Changed the monitor to same on all and removed the zoom, after killed the TIR5 from task manager since it didn't pop up the text window to open it from task bar. So after restarting it it was 2 screens wide and 2 screens in height. So last I used it was in full screen on the high res monitor... so where did it go...
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this, we will look into improving this behavior.
If you wish to reset the window size and make it reappear, we can reset the Settings.xml file, which stores all the settings related to the size of the program window. We can either remove this or rename this file to make TrackIR show up from the default location.
This file is located under: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5

Regards,
jdg2008

Post by jdg2008 »

Hi all,

I was thrilled when I encountered this topic in a Google search, as my brand-new TrackIR installation is having this problem. it was ok on first installation, but after tinkering with it for a while, the configuration window has vanished, though TrackIR is listed in task manager.

AMD CPU, Nvidia 1080-class GPU, 34" ultrawide monitor @ 3280x1440.

TrackIR 5, installed 5.4.2 software.

I've gone through all the steps listed in the posts in this thread, but none of the actions has fixed the problem.

When I deleted Settings.xml and rebooted/restarted, it didn't repopulate the file, for some reason. I tried this several times.... I finally did a full destructo uninstall, and the new install (with the USB drivers) did repopulate the Settings.xml file, but TrackIR still starts on boot and will not display a window. If I try to start it from the menu/desktop/taskbar, it just says it's already running, and that's true.

I was able to get my first test racing sim, Project Cars 2, to recognize the TrackIR a couple of times, but now it's just popping up a VR box saying I must 'reset my headset', and I'd like to try to tinker with the configuration to see if there's something in there that I haven't done correctly.

I looked at the Settings.xml file, and it has window settings that appear to be normal:

WindowTop 83
WindowLeft 261
WindowWidth 1254
WindowHeight 809
LayoutMode 110
RunAtStartup 0
RunMinimized 0

One would think that the '0' value for startup and RunMinimized mean that neither is set to TRUE.

I changed the DPI settings properties as suggested in a post from earlier this year, but no joy.

I tried to reset my screen resolution to 'find' the window, but no joy.

As a matter of fact, using Alt-Tab to bring up a windows list shows that Windows doesn't think there's a TrackIR window at all; it appears there's just the driver in the task manager.

I am curious why the Settings.xml file didn't repopulate, and why the clean re-install seems to have the windows dimensions that I set when it was working yesterday.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how to proceed in further diagnostics?

Should I try to install a back-version to see if there's any difference

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!
jdg2008

Post by jdg2008 »

After some work, I have (mostly) managed to get myTrackIR working.

I decided to restore to a recovery point in Windows 10, which it had fortunately set for me right before I did my TrackIR installation, and found the obscure tidbit about removing the hidden config file cache that Windows sets aside for you, and managed to get a truly clean re-install.

That let me get the config window back again, at which point I found that Steam and Oculus are apparently not maintaining a separation of church and state, and that when I started my Sim in Steam VR mode, the Oculus app started up and blocked my access to my sim due to not finding a headset.

I was only using the Oculus app to run my sim in VR, so I just nuked that app, and now I can get TrackIR working.

It still complains about the headset, but if I select the Project Cars 2 icon at the bottom of the screen, it runs, and head tracking works.

My remaining problem is that when the sim starts, the TrackIR window still 'goes away', and I cannot access it if I want to tweak my profiles. It may be an app setting, I'll look around.

Cheers
rlesinszki

Post by rlesinszki »

Thank you - this just worked for me, I had to replace my mother board and I had the same symptoms as OP. This worked great!
GravityLinked

Post by GravityLinked »

My problem is similar. TrackIR opens on system start, but runs minimized. Although it works in X-Plane 11, I cannot maximize the window to adjust the settings. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall a couple of different ways (control panel, Revo uninstaller, etc), but no go. It is still minimized when I reinstall it. I figure there is something in the Registry that is telling it to run as minimized, but I do not know where to look to repair this. Suggestions?
Laxxor

Post by Laxxor »

I am having similar but not identical issues as previous posters.

As with others, TrackIR is configured to run minimized (but not at boot). TRackIR successfully inputs to games while in this state. When i double click on the system tray icon the window outline paints on my screen, but the interior of the window (the head tracking data, settings, curves etc fail to render and the application window locks up, reported as not responding in task manager and locks up any game that would receive its input.

Trying the compatibility checker, WIndows states TrackIR not compatible with Win10.
LordShaftesbury

Post by LordShaftesbury »

MikeWitham wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:03 pm slaintemaith,

Hopefully you didn't smash anything yet. I want you to go to the TrackIR directory folder and delete the Settings.xml file and then run TrackIR. That should reset it to the default window settings, it will also change your speed and smoothness settings back to default. Try that and let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Doesn't work for me
Amazoned

Post by Amazoned »

LordShaftesbury wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:56 am
MikeWitham wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:03 pm slaintemaith,

Hopefully you didn't smash anything yet. I want you to go to the TrackIR directory folder and delete the Settings.xml file and then run TrackIR. That should reset it to the default window settings, it will also change your speed and smoothness settings back to default. Try that and let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Doesn't work for me
I was having the same issue. Also tried the method mentioned above.
Then I noticed this post:
joe.lee wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 1:30 pm Hello,

Thank you for reporting this, we will look into improving this behavior.
If you wish to reset the window size and make it reappear, we can reset the Settings.xml file, which stores all the settings related to the size of the program window. We can either remove this or rename this file to make TrackIR show up from the default location.
This file is located under: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5

Regards,
Then I realized I was looking in the wrong folder.
Try deleting (or renaming) the settings.xml file at the location under: "%APPDATA%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5", see if that helps.
sqk4477

Post by sqk4477 »

Hello All! Running into the Track IR device not found issue in Windows 10. The NaturalPoint x64 USB drivers are not getting installed via the 5.4.2 installer process.
I copied the USB Drivers x64 folder over from another pc and when trying to update the USB drivers via Device Manager I get the following:

"TrackIR 5 The publisher of an authentcode(tm) signed catalog has not yet been established as trusted"

Has anyone found an updated USB driver that has a trusted certificate?

Many thanks!
-SQK