Can't make TrackIR window appear in Windows 10

slaintemaith

Can't make TrackIR window appear in Windows 10

Post by slaintemaith »

So I've been using TrackIR happily for YEARS...
Just changed monitors, and wanted to tweak my TrackIR settings. Except when I click on the icon in the Task View, the title appears in the task bar, but no TrackIR settings.
Okay, so it's probably on the Laptop screen, right?
Nope.
Okay, so I'll just cascade windows and it'll show up in the middle again, right?
Nope.
Okay so I'll pull up Task Manager and 'Move' it, Right?
Windows 10 doesn't do that, so 'Nope.'
Okay, so I'll uninstall it and reinstall it.
Nope.
Okay, so I'll uninstall it, look for any sloppy files leftover, and reinstall it.
Nope.
Okay, so I'll uninstall it, look for any sloppy leftover files AND slopply leftover registry entries, and reinstall it.
Nope.

At wit's end.
Help before I smash something expensive.
MikeWitham

Re: Can't make TrackIR window appear in Windows 10

Post by MikeWitham »

slaintemaith,

Hopefully you didn't smash anything yet. I want you to go to the TrackIR directory folder and delete the Settings.xml file and then run TrackIR. That should reset it to the default window settings, it will also change your speed and smoothness settings back to default. Try that and let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Chao_Phraya

Post by Chao_Phraya »

I have the same problem in Windows 10. It worked fine for a while, but now the TrackIR settings window will not open. Deleting the Settings.xml file did not help for me ?

Any other suggestions?
Chao_Phraya

Post by Chao_Phraya »

After some testing, I found out what had happened. At least in my case :) Every time i tried to maximise the TrackIR window, a saw a little blink by the Windows flag on the task bar. So I knew the window was there some place :) I started to wonder if it was outside my screen, so I lowered the screen resolution. Then the TrackIR window (the top of the window frame) showed up on the screen, as a small dot, about a 1/2 inch. Then I was able to resize the window again, just by draging with the cursor, so now it is ok again, and I am happy :-)

So what had happened, is that the TrackIR window had shrunk to a minimum, for some reason, and I was not able to see it when I tried to maximize it.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Chao_Phraya,

I'm curious why deleting the Settings.xml file didn't resolve this for you then. The default windows size that was saved and causing it to disappear on you is all stored in the Settings file. Oh well, if it is working for you right now, we won't worry about it. Please let me know if anything changes, but until then have fun gaming.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
taskbarsupport

Post by taskbarsupport »

there are several resons when taskbar not responding such as diaable services, wrong runing of window explorel and so on. to solve this issue you can reset your winodw from your device to solve this taskbar issues, use winodw powershell to solve the window taskbar fix.
sobe

Post by sobe »

Guess what? The same thing is happening to me. Win10, Tracker 4 hardware and Tracker 5 software 5.4.2.27545. All of a sudden today the tracker window will not appear even though tracker is working in the game (DCS). I tried the settings idea and no joy. I went to the taskbar cite and when I entered the command suggested, dos said it did not recognize the command.

My taskbar otherwise works fine and in the task manager, Tracker shows up cpu .0% to .5%, memory 58.1 MB,

Help

Can't make TrackIR window appear in windows 10
sobe

Post by sobe »

success. Per a suggestion above, I changed the screen resolution of my main monitor and there it was in the corner. Made it bigger and went back to my original resolution. This should be a sticky.
mjkerner

Post by mjkerner »

I'm having the same problem as the OP. Been using TrackIR for about 15 years, mostly with IL2 and it's various permutations. Have purchased 3 different TrackIR's over the years, presently at T5, Pro Clip. Last Time I used it was in mid-2020, and everything was working fine (Windows 10-64 bit), including having the editor (or whatever it's called-the view with the graphs/setting changes/etc.) show up in Windows when needed. I recently had my old PC burn out, so got a new rig (with Windows 10 still) and reinstalled TrackIR among other programs. It's working fine in game, but I can't get the dang editor to show up! Nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program 3 times, and tried all the solutions mentioned in this thread, but nothing works!! I right click on the icon and there is no option top show the editor. I've removed the settings file, including the one in user/app data/roaming/profiles, BUT NOTHING MAKES THE EDITOR SHOW UP! Like the OP, I am ready to smash this thing. Help!

Thanks to anyone that can help.
NaturalPoint.Kai

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are running into issues with the software. At the top right of the screen, there is an option to change the view layout. Please make sure that the middle icon is selected as such:
Settings.Icon.png
Settings.Icon.png (6.17 KiB) Viewed 10009 times
Additionally, the settings panel on the left is adjustable and you may need to drag out the screen by left clicking and dragging the white line between the settings panel and the viewport.
Settings Drag.png
Settings Drag.png (15.94 KiB) Viewed 10010 times
Are you using a 4k or high definition monitor? You may need to adjust some properties settings. Go to : C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5

Right-click on the TrackIR and enter into properties -> Compatibility tab -> Change High DPI Settings -> Check the override high DPI scaling behavior box -> Select "System"
High DPI.png
High DPI.png (21 KiB) Viewed 10011 times
HighSPI system.png
HighSPI system.png (16.59 KiB) Viewed 10011 times
Attachments
Settings Drag.png
Settings Drag.png (15.94 KiB) Viewed 10011 times